It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:47 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:48 am  (#141) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
And my way... :)

Attachment:
windmill_black_white.png
windmill_black_white.png [ 1.77 MiB | Viewed 6736 times ]


Attachment:
windmill_color.png
windmill_color.png [ 2.21 MiB | Viewed 6736 times ]

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:23 pm  (#142) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Ella, I really like your ink pen drawings!
Dinasset, the ink pen drawings are so nice of an effect. I will play with them more but I have company for a few days and not sure how much Gimp time I will have.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:02 am  (#143) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Ella, very beautiful results. I like them a lot.
Dinasset, I love your results in black, they are spectacular.

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - Tutorial
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:44 am  (#144) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Issabella wrote:
I see such good outcomes Ella, Dinasset and Pat. Great!

I come with nice news, Dinasset has recalculated the formula to get good results even on very light or very dark images.

I wrote another tut, and hopefully, this will be better.
Wallace please, could you add this renovated tutorial in the list of tutorials? Thanks a lot.

I changed the link for this tutorial.
The link now sends everyone to post #82.

Also added the Watercolor Drawing (realistic effect) Tutorial,
to the tutorial index.

Thanks you Image.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:01 pm  (#145) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you so much Wallace. :tyspin

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:16 pm  (#146) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Issabella wrote:
Thank you so much Wallace. :tyspin

You're Welcome Image.
Image

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:16 am  (#147) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Dolomiti (again…).

B&W:
Attachment:
2019-04-02 10-08-30 Dolomiti_1997_dia1282 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) BWnorm.jpg
2019-04-02 10-08-30 Dolomiti_1997_dia1282 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) BWnorm.jpg [ 2.04 MiB | Viewed 6689 times ]


PinLight:
Attachment:
2019-04-02 10-08-30 Dolomiti_1997_dia1282 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) PinLight.jpg
2019-04-02 10-08-30 Dolomiti_1997_dia1282 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) PinLight.jpg [ 2.45 MiB | Viewed 6689 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:20 am  (#148) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Another one using PinLight (it seems to be very appropriate).
Attachment:
2019-04-02 10-07-43 Dolomiti_1987_dia1338 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) PinLight.jpg
2019-04-02 10-07-43 Dolomiti_1987_dia1338 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) PinLight.jpg [ 2.73 MiB | Viewed 6688 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:27 am  (#149) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
PinLight, again.
Attachment:
2019-04-02 10-24-38 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-07_SAM_0282 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) PinLight.jpg
2019-04-02 10-24-38 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-07_SAM_0282 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) PinLight.jpg [ 2.57 MiB | Viewed 6688 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:48 am  (#150) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
I know, I'm a bit repetitive, but i like Dolomiti, Ink-pen and PinLight…

Attachment:
2019-04-02 14-43-16 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-07_SAM_0274_stitch as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) PinLight.jpg
2019-04-02 14-43-16 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-07_SAM_0274_stitch as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) PinLight.jpg [ 1.45 MiB | Viewed 6684 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:51 am  (#151) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
...but with this picture, it's very good IMO also HSV-value.
Attachment:
2019-04-02 14-43-16 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-07_SAM_0274_stitch as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) HSVvalue.jpg
2019-04-02 14-43-16 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-07_SAM_0274_stitch as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) HSVvalue.jpg [ 1.71 MiB | Viewed 6936 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:31 pm  (#152) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Same set used for "Aquarel", my Good Morning in the "Ink-pen" Language.
Attachment:
2019-04-03 06-07-02 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-05_SAM_0255 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg
2019-04-03 06-07-02 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-05_SAM_0255 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg [ 1.77 MiB | Viewed 6926 times ]

Attachment:
2019-04-03 06-10-44 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-03_SAM_0246-crop as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg
2019-04-03 06-10-44 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-03_SAM_0246-crop as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg [ 2.11 MiB | Viewed 6926 times ]

Attachment:
2019-04-03 06-11-40 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-03_SAM_0244 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg
2019-04-03 06-11-40 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-03_SAM_0244 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg [ 1.84 MiB | Viewed 6926 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:33 pm  (#153) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
And these.
Attachment:
2019-04-03 06-14-50 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-01_SAM_0232 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg
2019-04-03 06-14-50 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-01_SAM_0232 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg [ 2.03 MiB | Viewed 6926 times ]

Attachment:
2019-04-03 06-18-52 Dolomiti_2011_Pana_20110712_398 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg
2019-04-03 06-18-52 Dolomiti_2011_Pana_20110712_398 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg [ 1.99 MiB | Viewed 6926 times ]

Attachment:
2019-04-03 06-23-26 Dolomiti_2011_Pana_20110708_327-31_ICEstitch as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg
2019-04-03 06-23-26 Dolomiti_2011_Pana_20110708_327-31_ICEstitch as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg [ 1.65 MiB | Viewed 6926 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:41 pm  (#154) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5063
Location: Sydney Australia
It seems that I am being viewed as somewhat delinquent (OMG is still not "on the game" for the previous tut, Ink-pen), but it certainly is not for lack of trying or even desire. However, I seem to have the embarrassing knack of either choosing inappropriate photos for this technique or having a mental bloc somewhere in the tutorial. My results have not been good at all and have certainly disappointed me, so yes I stopped after a while.

However, I have just had another attempt choosing a photo from my trip to Spain last year ... but once again poor choice ... ended up with a huge white blob for the sky. So I played with it a bit just to have something to post. My apologies Issabella.


Attachments:
issa_tut.png
issa_tut.png [ 2.42 MiB | Viewed 6926 times ]

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned
Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:25 am  (#155) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
OMG, your result is a very good step to better. I'm still learning to get this technique in an acceptable result. Dinasset is the Master. So it isn't you, it's our learning curve. I'm sure that you'll do a beautiful result as you do in so many art techniques. :yes

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:49 am  (#156) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
oldmangrumpy wrote:
It seems that I am being viewed as somewhat delinquent (OMG is still not "on the game" for the previous tut, Ink-pen), but it certainly is not for lack of trying or even desire. However, I seem to have the embarrassing knack of either choosing inappropriate photos for this technique or having a mental bloc somewhere in the tutorial. My results have not been good at all and have certainly disappointed me, so yes I stopped after a while.

However, I have just had another attempt choosing a photo from my trip to Spain last year ... but once again poor choice ... ended up with a huge white blob for the sky. So I played with it a bit just to have something to post. My apologies Issabella.


OMG, I think I know what the problem is.
I opened a photo in Gimp 2.10 and the same photo in Gimp 2.8.

In 2.10:
Mean value - 0.513
Std dev - 0.297
Median - 0.494

In 2.8:
Mean value - 130
Std dev - 57.9
Median - 126

That's a huge difference with the calculations.

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:16 am  (#157) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
A single image with many Mode options.
Normal:
Attachment:
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_BW.jpg
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_BW.jpg [ 2.2 MiB | Viewed 6901 times ]

Dodge:
Attachment:
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_Dodge.jpg
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_Dodge.jpg [ 3.41 MiB | Viewed 6901 times ]

Grain Merge:
Attachment:
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_GrainMerge.jpg
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_GrainMerge.jpg [ 2.69 MiB | Viewed 6901 times ]

...

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:18 am  (#158) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
...
HSV Value:
Attachment:
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_HSV-Value.jpg
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_HSV-Value.jpg [ 3.32 MiB | Viewed 6901 times ]

LCH Lightness:
Attachment:
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_LCH-Lightness.jpg
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_LCH-Lightness.jpg [ 2.91 MiB | Viewed 6901 times ]

Luminance:
Attachment:
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_Luminance.jpg
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_Luminance.jpg [ 3.42 MiB | Viewed 6901 times ]

...

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:21 am  (#159) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
...
Multiply:
Attachment:
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_Multiply.jpg
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_Multiply.jpg [ 1.92 MiB | Viewed 6901 times ]

Overlay:
Attachment:
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_Overlay.jpg
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_Overlay.jpg [ 2.7 MiB | Viewed 6901 times ]

Pin Light:
Attachment:
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_PinLight.jpg
2019-04-04 15-02-32 zelenci_by_roblfc1892_dd0l3e5-pre as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas)_PinLight.jpg [ 3.21 MiB | Viewed 6901 times ]


(end)

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:19 pm  (#160) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Just experimented the mode Lighten Only, and I like to post here some results because I find them very interesting (and very "artistic").
Look:
Attachment:
2019-04-04 20-43-15 Dolomiti_2011_Pana_20110710_358-62_ICEstitch as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas),LightenOnly.jpg
2019-04-04 20-43-15 Dolomiti_2011_Pana_20110710_358-62_ICEstitch as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas),LightenOnly.jpg [ 2.04 MiB | Viewed 6898 times ]

Attachment:
2019-04-04 21-09-04 Dolomiti_2011_Pana_20110711_396 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas),LightenOnly.jpg
2019-04-04 21-09-04 Dolomiti_2011_Pana_20110711_396 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas),LightenOnly.jpg [ 2.27 MiB | Viewed 6898 times ]

Attachment:
2019-04-04 21-12-14 Dolomiti_2009_Pentax_2009-06-27_IMGP0509 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas),LightenOnly.jpg
2019-04-04 21-12-14 Dolomiti_2009_Pentax_2009-06-27_IMGP0509 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas),LightenOnly.jpg [ 2.33 MiB | Viewed 6898 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


cron

* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group