It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:28 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: How to artificially change/decrease the exposure of your image
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:52 am  (#1) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: May 07, 2014
Posts: 4561
Location: Canada
more details here: https://www.gimplearn.net/viewtopic.php ... 560#p21560

A while ago I thought of using addition mode to increase exposure of an image.
Today, I re-read the topic because someone tried to use it and replied on it then I thought the opposite (difference mode) should work to decrease the exposure (given you haven't completely destroyed details by super exposed).

Of course I tried it, and it works as expected.

So I wanted to share that as I haven't seen it talked about.

_________________
Image
Visualize your and others dreams coming true.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: How to artificially change/decrease the exposure of your image
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:27 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
Screen mode to lighten and Multiply mode to darken have long been used for such things.


Top
 Post subject: Re: How to artificially change/decrease the exposure of your image
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:07 pm  (#3) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
This is exactly the same as:

[list]
[*]Using "Curves", and dragging down the top right corner down.
[*]Using "Levels", and dragging the right handle of the "output" to the left
[*]

... with the very same bad results: your whites become gray.

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group