It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:03 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1026 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 52  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:26 am  (#321) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5055
Location: Sydney Australia
Issabella - I am just happy that you enjoy the pics; thank you.

You seem to enjoy 'glass framed' vistas, so here is another, a surfing shot with glass of course ...

Image

... and some glass 'Truchet' too ...

Image

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:26 pm  (#322) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
I love it OMG. Great inspiration to create more transparent glass. I'm rather busy currently but I'll try it soon. Thank you so much. :bigthup

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:36 pm  (#323) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
The glass wave is fascinating and lovely.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:20 pm  (#324) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5055
Location: Sydney Australia
2-ton and Issabella - thank you for your comments.

I have been playing around creating glass tiles and thought I had saved the settings, but cannot reproduce the result now ... :oops:

But I did save them as patterns so not all is lost. Anyway tiles gave me an idea about decorating say a bathroom wall or feature wall ...

... so I started with this feature tile
Image

... them moved on to a feature wall using glass tiles
Image

... or you can even simulate a great view (or you may already have one) through feature windows
Image

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:04 pm  (#325) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Very creative and innovative! Better be careful or Issabella and I will be asking for another tutorial!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:44 am  (#326) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
This is not amazing but something I wanted to do.
Attachment:
WaterCanFlowers.jpg
WaterCanFlowers.jpg [ 1.8 MiB | Viewed 1522 times ]

The frame is BRL Molly's bearing. The Stone wall is from a picture of West Virginia University Hospital's new lobby I took. The flowers are brushes I made from a vase of flowers my husband recently gave me. The flower snippers are mine. Barrel was from a picture on the internet. The tray was a green marble pattern from somewhere, and I used the dark copper to brl the edging of the tray. I tried to crystallize the water can but that did not go so well. Anyway, I had fun doing it. :paint


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:21 pm  (#327) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
the watering can looks like it's made of very sparkly diamonds!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:20 pm  (#328) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Thank you very much, 2-ton. I hope you liked the picture. I have had a difficult time lately looking for images or ideas to create!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:06 am  (#329) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
I made a metal frame for a picture taken sometime ago. I tried to do a gemclear effect over the image part, but you really can't tell it is there. It did improve the appearance of the picture.
Attachment:
's Dream.jpg
's Dream.jpg [ 786.85 KiB | Viewed 1490 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:37 pm  (#330) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Hope I'm placing in the correct forum. I used a photo from many years ago that I was fixing as it has some damage. I use Dinasset's glass frame, and Hea4rty's Chromium for the frame. Usual techniques and filters to improve the picture. The subjects were not on rocks at the edge of the ocean. We found rocks out further in the water while cruising around in a boat and they hopped onto the protruding rocks to watch the sunset. Key West is known for it's beautiful sunsets!
Attachment:
Key West Sunset.png
Key West Sunset.png [ 2.45 MiB | Viewed 1474 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:13 pm  (#331) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5055
Location: Sydney Australia
Pat625 - I've been 'off air' for a few days, but wow, you really have come on in my absence. I really like your photo frame approach, especially the last chrome one it's a really magic picture.

Multiple :clap :clap for Pat.

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:39 pm  (#332) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
OMG: Thank you very much! I hoped that you like them. Love this thread! You have taught me so much.
BTW. The glass tile over the image in post #321 (first one). Did you make that pattern or is it available somewhere.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:07 pm  (#333) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5055
Location: Sydney Australia
Pat625 - all the glass tiles are 'home made' Pat and over the last few weeks their numbers have increased somewhat!!

I am thinking about putting a number of them together as a 'glass patterns pack' and posting them in the forum resources.

EDIT - Pat because I liked your metal frames, I put these two glass images inside one; thing about the first one is I have (at last!) worked out how to get easy 'valleys' from BRL instead of 'hills' all the time ...

Image

Image

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:38 am  (#334) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
I like those images, OMG. Your creations are always appealing!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:20 am  (#335) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
OMG: It would be wonderful for you to share your glass tiles with us in the forum resources. I know I would use them!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:33 am  (#336) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5055
Location: Sydney Australia
Pat625 - OK Pat I will get them together and submit them; it will take a little while though as they are spread across two machines that are a bit out of control right now and I am looking at Ofnuts 'add on collection manager' to help sort things out.

Just to keep the thread moving, here is one that started out as a stained glass window attempt but i got diverted to roses again; still its got glass, brick, wood and metal too ...

Image

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:43 am  (#337) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
very nice, OMG

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:02 pm  (#338) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5055
Location: Sydney Australia
Dinasset - thank you for your comment; I hope you like hexagons because here is one featuring 3 different types of glass and some different blending methods. There is always time to try out new things and especially with ocean sunsets which I adore!

Image

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:59 pm  (#339) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
I really love that image with all the types of glass! Now that would be great for another tutorial!! (Hint, Hint)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:06 pm  (#340) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
I call this "Ode to Benny". He was my younger son's dog. The most loving of any dog I have known. Very gentle with all: adults, children, cats, other dogs. He also was the most behaved dog I have seen in a long while. Sadly, about a year ago, he collapsed. Rushed to the vet. He had cancer and spleen ruptured. This last year, he has endured surgery, blood transfusions, chemotherapy and a plethora of different meds just as a human member of the family would. He maintained his pleasant disposition throughout it all. He recently lost the battle. Benny will always be remembered.
Attachment:
Ode to Benny.jpg
Ode to Benny.jpg [ 1.08 MiB | Viewed 1320 times ]


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1026 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 52  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group