It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 6:56 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1026 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 52  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:34 pm  (#441) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
It may not be what you started to do but it's beautiful anyway!

Which method are you using to make your gradient? OMG sent me instructions on how he does it. Easy to follow as his instructions are. If you don't have them I'm sure he won't mind if I send them to you.

Laying low: Usually refers to doing something less or continue doing without letting others know you are doing something that supposedly you are not.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:14 pm  (#442) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14199
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you so much Pat for your explanation about meaning. Then OMG, may surprise us with a new nice discovering. :)
I did my gradient from a path. How is the way you do it Pat? as you save the gradient after creating it? Thank you so much. :)

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:12 pm  (#443) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5061
Location: Sydney Australia
Pat625 & Issabella - the reason I said I was 'laying low' (yes, not posting or even Gimping) for a short while, was because I was trying to sort out my 2 PCs, to organise them better and to sort out the glass patterns/tiles for later posting as 'public resources'.

Trouble is I am so easily distracted and each time I looked at a pattern/tile, I thought of another I could make! Then the transparency thing came up and further distracted me. So for OMG it appears 'laying low' is impossible :roll:

Pat please share the gradient instructions as you wish.

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:21 pm  (#444) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
I apologize for not having the reason for "laying low" correctly in your case. Several meanings for one saying. With your approval I will share the instructions.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:29 am  (#445) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14199
Location: Spain, Aragón
Well, Thanks Pat and OMG for your help. I got to create gradient with transparency and now I want to share my first result. :) I think that as I have liked it a lot, I'll create more surely. :hehe


Attachments:
Transparent-Gradient-seamless Tile-Issa.JPG
Transparent-Gradient-seamless Tile-Issa.JPG [ 341.9 KiB | Viewed 1843 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:41 am  (#446) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14199
Location: Spain, Aragón
I did my second try. I applied in GMIC _ deformations - Cartesian transform, the big spiral I got. and added a background under it. Then I did another spiral in a shape. As the combination of two gradients was confuse, I did the background under the shape a little darker. I applied BRL to the contour of the shape. :)


Attachments:
Transparent-Gradients-In A Shape-Issa.JPG
Transparent-Gradients-In A Shape-Issa.JPG [ 1.01 MiB | Viewed 1841 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:29 am  (#447) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Really very nice, Issabella. OMG has started another craze, transparency in gradients!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:39 am  (#448) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14199
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you Pat. ... and yes, I think so. Transparency in gradients is another aim to experiment. :hehe

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:23 pm  (#449) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5061
Location: Sydney Australia
Issabella - I'm glad you got the word on making transparent gradients, they can certainly provide further opportunities for both BRL and glass images. I really like the background of the last one.

So here is another glass/metal image that features a transparent gradient that features a glass BRL from a transparent gradient ...

Image

... it'is obvious that i cannot 'lay low' for very long!

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:22 am  (#450) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
I really do not know what to name this. Practice with the glass and metal combinations along with some G'MIC filters!
Attachment:
2016.2.9Glass Etc Practice.jpg
2016.2.9Glass Etc Practice.jpg [ 2.09 MiB | Viewed 1818 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:40 am  (#451) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14199
Location: Spain, Aragón
OMG, nice application glass and metal with a innovative design. Your transparent gradients are a real crack to create beautiful shapes. Thanks for sharing. :tyspin
Pat, your creation is really beautiful in a heptagon. I love specially the centre in its shape and colour. :coolthup

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:57 am  (#452) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14199
Location: Spain, Aragón
I applied a lot of effects and steps in this one as I started creating a little lizard which I converted in a brush. The transparent gradient was created with 4 different yellow hues. An the background in ochre I transformed it in GMIC. After that, I applied stroke with my brush on a circle path and applied blue glass around. I didn't get a nice result but I get experience in steps. :)


Attachments:
Final-Lizard Ring on a transparent spiral+GMIC+glass&metal Issa.JPG
Final-Lizard Ring on a transparent spiral+GMIC+glass&metal Issa.JPG [ 522.72 KiB | Viewed 1950 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:36 pm  (#453) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Issabella and OMG: You keep coming up with such innovative ideas! Love them!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:10 pm  (#454) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Whoo Hoo!! I finally had time to test out some gradients and some with transparency. Here are some of my tests. May not be astounding but I am having fun
Attachment:
's Gradients.jpg
's Gradients.jpg [ 553.07 KiB | Viewed 1936 times ]


Attachments:
TestingGradients Droste Drawing.jpg
TestingGradients Droste Drawing.jpg [ 523.88 KiB | Viewed 1936 times ]
's GradientsPlus Filters1.jpg
's GradientsPlus Filters1.jpg [ 608.85 KiB | Viewed 1936 times ]
Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:16 pm  (#455) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Attachment:
TestingGradients Flower.jpg
TestingGradients Flower.jpg [ 564.38 KiB | Viewed 1936 times ]
Attachment:
TestingGradientsPlus Aurora.jpg
TestingGradientsPlus Aurora.jpg [ 168.01 KiB | Viewed 1936 times ]
Attachment:
TestingGradientsWhirl Drawing.jpg
TestingGradientsWhirl Drawing.jpg [ 611.3 KiB | Viewed 1936 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:45 pm  (#456) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
O.K.!! I'll quit with these. Need to practice more.
Attachment:
TestingGradientsPlus Paint Daub.jpg
TestingGradientsPlus Paint Daub.jpg [ 509.65 KiB | Viewed 1935 times ]
Attachment:
's Gradients3d image object.jpg
's Gradients3d image object.jpg [ 1.16 MiB | Viewed 1935 times ]
Attachment:
Testing PsycodelicTiler.jpg
Testing PsycodelicTiler.jpg [ 676.07 KiB | Viewed 1935 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:02 pm  (#457) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5061
Location: Sydney Australia
Pat625 - help I cannot keep up with you! Now you have discovered GMIC, your learning curve is now a perpendicular line - i.e. straight up.

I have been busy for a couple of days building a new cover for our pond to stop those rogue birds (herons/kookaburras) taking our gold fish. But I had some GIMP time this afternoon, built a new black/rusty/gold partly transparent gradient, created some brushes from it and like you Pat, had some fun, keeping to the glass theme still.

Image

Image

Pat I should have those glass patterns/tiles ready by the week end.

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:02 am  (#458) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
OMG: Your creations are astounding! Your glass and metal always so shiny.
Be don't hurry on our account for those glass tiles if you have more important things to do. We are not going anywhere. You will find us all here when you are finished.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:13 am  (#459) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5061
Location: Sydney Australia
Thank you Pat - I just found this while sorting out the glass patterns - it is for Wallace and I call it 'purple glass rain' -

Image

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:37 am  (#460) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14199
Location: Spain, Aragón
Pat, You created fantastic and nice results using transparent gradients. Lovely, we started a new stage thanks to OMG. :hi5
OMG, nice colours in your glass outcome. :bigthup
I used it radial in this one, and a clear glass flower in the centre. :)


Attachments:
Transparent gradient&Crystal on golden metal.PNG
Transparent gradient&Crystal on golden metal.PNG [ 2.13 MiB | Viewed 1923 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1026 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 52  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group