It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:13 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 52  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:24 am  (#521) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Pat, I like your outcome a lot. Nice composition in it. How did you do the golden glass texture? It's very nice. :bigthup :coolthup

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:31 am  (#522) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
I did a tile this time in colourful glass ornamental. :) I did the decorations firstly and then I combined them in a tile with a border using a brush and a path. :)


Attachments:
Final-GlassDecoration.JPG
Final-GlassDecoration.JPG [ 1.09 MiB | Viewed 1607 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:13 pm  (#523) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 16, 2015
Posts: 613
Location: On Earth,specifically Queensland,Australia
It's lovely,Issabella.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:28 pm  (#524) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5063
Location: Sydney Australia
Pat625 and Issabella - those are exceelent images and Pat, I can see that 'honeycomb glass' pattern and Issabella, as always your composition is so artistic. :yes

I thought about trying out some ideas I started playing with some time back in the 'paisley era' so I revisited and augmented them ...

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:15 am  (#525) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thanks Kimba and OMG. :)
OMG, I like your creations a lot. The three ones have so much detail in them and the colours are great, too. :coolthup :bigthup

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:04 pm  (#526) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
This time, I did a decorative plate using glass texture and metal. :)


Attachments:
Final-DecorativePlate.JPG
Final-DecorativePlate.JPG [ 1015.99 KiB | Viewed 1578 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:22 pm  (#527) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
OMG: very decorative and imaginative! You included so many details.
Issabella: Beautiful as always. I love the dainty flowers in the tile image. The last image is equally artistic. I love the fancy bordering.

The gold in my last image was from a pattern. I don't remember where I got it.
Attached if you want it.
Attachment:
gold-speckle.png
gold-speckle.png [ 228.07 KiB | Viewed 1578 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:34 pm  (#528) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you so much Pat. It's a very nice pattern, Thank you for it. :bigthup :tyspin

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:07 pm  (#529) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5063
Location: Sydney Australia
Issabella - another amazing composition and I do like that central pattern on the plate :coolthup

Pat625 - thanks for that gold pattern; watch this space!!

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:47 am  (#530) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you OMG. The central pattern it's another golden one in transparency I did. I applied BRL to the background under it. I like it a lot too. ;)

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:52 am  (#531) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Enjoying GIMP. :) :gimp


Attachments:
Final-VenecianMask.JPG
Final-VenecianMask.JPG [ 551.13 KiB | Viewed 1826 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:55 pm  (#532) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5063
Location: Sydney Australia
Issabella - wow wow wow - so artistic and just brilliant :jumpclap

You have obviously been very productive of late in many threads!!

Here are a couple of the images I was using to test out the various textured glass patterns I was making from Pat's 'speckled gold' pattern, which I have also turned into a heavily textured e-map -

Image

Image

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:20 pm  (#533) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
I like your textured glass patterns a lot and you know how to apply them so beautify. :yes I appreciate your words a lot, OMG. :tyspin

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:30 pm  (#534) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Issabella: Your mask image is so beautiful and detailed. Beautiful. You really have a lot of talent.

OMG: I love what you have done with that gold pattern. I did not make it. I obtained it somewhere, maybe from someone in this forum but I do not remember.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:43 am  (#535) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you Pat for your nice comment. You overestimate me. :)
Thank you so much for your pattern, in this outcome you are there. Then I saw that OMG had created and transformed your patter too. We had the same idea. :hi5 I transformed it in translucent glass. :)
Thanks a lot to Dinasset as I used one of your wonderful filters. I love all of them. :tyspin


Attachments:
bucciali-tav-8-32-saoutchy-Metal&Glass.jpg
bucciali-tav-8-32-saoutchy-Metal&Glass.jpg [ 264.57 KiB | Viewed 1801 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:58 am  (#536) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Wow! Beautiful! I love your entire image. How did you do that?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:33 pm  (#537) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Got stuck on purple today!
Attachment:
Playing with Purple.jpg
Playing with Purple.jpg [ 805.3 KiB | Viewed 1779 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:06 am  (#538) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Pat, I love purple. You have created a beautiful composition in this colour and the translucent glass to see softly the flower texture. Well done! :coolthup :gimp

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:52 pm  (#539) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5063
Location: Sydney Australia
While OMG is away the GC ladies will play - well done Pat and Issabella :clap .

Stained glass is in vogue in other threads right now so I did one without the filter ...

Image

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:10 am  (#540) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
impressive, OMG!

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 52  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group