It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2026 10:28 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Make your own custom beer labels FREE with Labeley
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:45 pm  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
Trial and error, on figuring out the radius and length. For the label, as it came from Labeley (which I believe was 1200 x 1350) I got the radius set at .22 and length set at .95. Of course, you can rotate Y slightly if you want a certain part of your label showing better.

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Make your own custom beer labels FREE with Labeley
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:18 pm  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Posts: 395
Location: Indianapolis, IN
mahvin wrote:
Trial and error, on figuring out the radius and length. For the label, as it came from Labeley (which I believe was 1200 x 1350) I got the radius set at .22 and length set at .95. Of course, you can rotate Y slightly if you want a certain part of your label showing better.


Roger that! I was going on the assumption that the numerical values represented the image's size. Where a 1.0 would be no change and .50 be a 50% in the image.

Then again .. I could be wrong. Which happens 99.9999% of the time! Just ask my wife! Hence, I go back to playing!

_________________
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche


Top
 Post subject: Re: Make your own custom beer labels FREE with Labeley
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:29 pm  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
Well, I was thinking the same thing, but the problem with that is, both images were of differing width. So for the cylindrical label to get fatter in proportion with the bottle and fit, I needed to reduce the length slightly.

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Make your own custom beer labels FREE with Labeley
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:20 pm  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Posts: 395
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Ha! Got it! :clap

Image

mahvin and Rod thanks for the push! :tyspin

+ the font 'Old Typefaces' which was used on labeley.com is an open source font and can be found at dafont.com by clicking HERE!

_________________
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche


Top
 Post subject: Re: Make your own custom beer labels FREE with Labeley
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:40 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
So, what did you end up with for radius and length?

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Make your own custom beer labels FREE with Labeley
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:12 am  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Posts: 395
Location: Indianapolis, IN
mahvin wrote:
So, what did you end up with for radius and length?


It was about the same as what you had. I think I ended up using like .50500 for X and left the Y alone. Now, if I only had some suds around here! =(

_________________
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche


Top
 Post subject: Re: Make your own custom beer labels FREE with Labeley
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:46 am  (#27) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
Looks great MrBiggz! :)


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group