It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:32 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:01 pm  (#101) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Had to do one for Thanksgiving before I started on Christmas.

Attachment:
Happy Thanksgiving.GIF
Happy Thanksgiving.GIF [ 3.06 MiB | Viewed 12912 times ]


Attachments:
Happy Thanksgiving.zip [3.04 MiB]
Downloaded 568 times
Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:19 pm  (#102) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 13, 2016
Posts: 83
@Pat, You're Welcome and Thanks. Yeah I still need to make a couple turkey ones but now I'll just use the one you made, very nice! :clap

On a sidenote something worth mentioning. Going to Filters>Animation>Optimize (for GIF) before indexing your animation, you can reduce the file size from 305MB to 355KB. This will allow your splash to load smoother and quicker using less system resources.

Have a nice Sunday! Larry

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:54 pm  (#103) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Thank you, Larry. I had forgotten to optimize that image! Needed a reminder! In the past sometimes when I have used the optimize command, I did not like the results. I guess it depends on the complexity of the image and the number of colors.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:38 pm  (#104) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Here is another one I made for Thanksgiving. You can use it as a Splash or just a Happy Thanksgiving message!
Attachment:
2016 Happy Thanksgiving.jpg
2016 Happy Thanksgiving.jpg [ 804.73 KiB | Viewed 12886 times ]


Attachments:
2016 Happy Thanksgiving.zip [803.65 KiB]
Downloaded 567 times
Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:39 am  (#105) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
You all did nice Gimp Splash Screens. I like to see your creativity. Pat, yours are great! :clap

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:05 pm  (#106) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Thank you very much, Issabella for your kind comments.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:23 pm  (#107) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 13, 2018
Posts: 270
Location: Oregon, USA
It was suggested that I put my
splash screens here so here they are.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:07 pm  (#108) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 13, 2016
Posts: 83
@Peter
Very nice results. :paint


I call this one 3 Wilber's Splash. An old, stable, and new version...the Gimps I use. :gimp

Attachment:
3_Wilbers_1_2.10.gif
3_Wilbers_1_2.10.gif [ 494.65 KiB | Viewed 12057 times ]

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:24 pm  (#109) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Peter and RMDesigns, very nice!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:38 pm  (#110) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 13, 2016
Posts: 83
@Pat
Thank you for your comment, much appreciated. Enjoy your Weekend! :mrgreen:


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:25 pm  (#111) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16191
Thought i'd create one for GIMP-2.10.8 :)

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:58 pm  (#112) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 13, 2016
Posts: 83
@Rod
Very creative splash.

A couple links for a few more 2.10 splash screens.
Larry


Gimp Splash 2.10

My Splash Screen for 2.10

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:57 pm  (#113) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Rod: Very colorful and eye catching!
RMD: Love all of your splashes.

Thanks for sharing, guys. I love to change up the splash at times!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:59 pm  (#114) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
This is my all-time favorite splash screen and use it for every version of Gimp....

Attachment:
1.18.png
1.18.png [ 106.14 KiB | Viewed 12577 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:35 pm  (#115) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
racer-x wrote:
This is my all-time favorite splash screen and use it for every version of Gimp....

Attachment:
1.18.png

That's a very classy looking splash.
:bigthup

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:14 am  (#116) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
I agree. Very classy. Did you make it or from which version was it?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:41 am  (#117) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 27, 2016
Posts: 345
Location: Germany, BW
racer-x wrote:
This is my all-time favorite splash screen and use it for every version of Gimp....

Attachment:
1.18.png


my very favourite, too

_________________
Regards
nelo

(Gimp 2.10 on Linux Mint MATE 20.1)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:50 pm  (#118) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16191
One more. I actually created the same image in GIMP-2.8 a while back. Still had the old XCF so i changed the text to 2.10.

Image

If anyone is interested in the splash (with your name instead of mine) i can provide the original XCF workspace file. Just let me know.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:41 am  (#119) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jun 23, 2020
Posts: 26
Hello guys,

not sure if anyone is bothering with splash-screens anymore, but I just made a few to match my Clearlooks Gimp 2.10 Color Hinted Themes. They are relatively minimal and I am calling them "Flat Icon Splash Screens for Gimp 2.10". It should be easy to edit the version number if you wanna use them with other versions of Gimp.

There is 10 of them in the zip-file, all 1920x1080. I am attaching their preview below. Feel free to D/L them either from DeviantArt or from gnome-look.

PS. I also made a totally unrelated one, dedicated to feline lovers :) I am attaching it here too, and this one you can save directly in your hard-disk I hope.


Attachments:
File comment: right-click and Save Image As
migf1_gimp210_splash_02.jpg
migf1_gimp210_splash_02.jpg [ 539.18 KiB | Viewed 9933 times ]
File comment: See post's body for D/L links
preview-UHD-3840x2160-flat-icon-splashes.jpg
preview-UHD-3840x2160-flat-icon-splashes.jpg [ 1.73 MiB | Viewed 9933 times ]

_________________
Gimp & Stuff: https://www.deviantart.com/migf1
Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Splash Screens
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:44 am  (#120) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 27, 2016
Posts: 345
Location: Germany, BW
@migf1
The one with the cat is really awesome

_________________
Regards
nelo

(Gimp 2.10 on Linux Mint MATE 20.1)


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group