It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:15 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:00 pm  (#501) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
Issabella wrote:
Wallace, your last emap posted produces a very nice soft outcome, I find it beautiful. Thanks again.
2-ton, I wish they had worked for you.
OMG, Thanks. they really work great!

Oopsies...They did work for me. I posted the result. It was NewtoGimp that couldn't make them work.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:32 pm  (#502) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 02, 2013
Posts: 2090
Click for resize.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:37 pm  (#503) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 10, 2015
Posts: 112
Wow I really like that first one. I don't know why I can't get it to do that for me, but I'll keep trying.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:09 am  (#504) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 02, 2013
Posts: 2090
newtogimp wrote:
Wow I really like that first one. I don't know why I can't get it to do that for me, but I'll keep trying.

I made that one with a map I made blurring a colorful rose. Here it is:

Here's a thread on making maps I did: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12074

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:15 am  (#505) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 10, 2015
Posts: 112
Does anybody recognize this? I took a screenshot of it because I liked it and wanted to try and use the paisley design on text for a bookcover. Unfortunately I have not been able to recreate it and would like to ask its creator if he/she would share it, but the screenshot didn't capture his/her name. Thank you.


Attachments:
paisley.png
paisley.png [ 719.76 KiB | Viewed 7635 times ]
Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:57 am  (#506) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
for paisley the Queen is Anmal, but she is quite busy nowadays....

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:00 am  (#507) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
That most likely is Oldmangrumpy. He makes all the shiny glass and is in Sydney Australia.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:08 pm  (#508) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5057
Location: Sydney Australia
Newtogimp - yes, Pat is correct, that is one of my images and I am happy for you to use it.

You can simply right click on that posted image and copy it or save it to disk (download). If you want something with higher resolution just PM me.

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:05 pm  (#509) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 10, 2015
Posts: 112
Thanks for responding Oldmangrumpy. Please forgive my ignorance on this if what I am asking is not possible or not kosher. I am creating a book cover and I wanted to use the style you used to create your two paisley figures, to create the text for the title of the book on the cover. In other words, I was wondering if you might share how you made that effect so that I can then use it to make text. I have gone through every glass and glossy tutorial on Youtube I could find and nothing made an image even close to yours.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:22 am  (#510) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 10, 2015
Posts: 112
Attachment to my PM to Oldmangrumpy (as I couldn't figure out how to attach in PM).


Attachments:
canvas background.xcf [1.52 MiB]
Downloaded 169 times
Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:19 am  (#511) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
It's been a while,
but here's an e-map for you guys.
I call it glass-reflections,
you can call it whatever you like. :hehe

Image
Attachment:
glass-reflections emap.png
glass-reflections emap.png [ 36.51 KiB | Viewed 7160 times ]

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:27 am  (#512) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5057
Location: Sydney Australia
Wallace - thank you; more glass, just what I need even if it is not purple :hehe

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:17 am  (#513) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
oldmangrumpy wrote:
Wallace - thank you; more glass, just what I need even if it is not purple :hehe

:hehe

Here's another one...
Image
Attachment:
M. C. Escher emap.png
M. C. Escher emap.png [ 87.36 KiB | Viewed 7157 times ]

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:47 am  (#514) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you Wallace, nice both. :) :tyspin

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:54 am  (#515) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Issabella wrote:
Thank you Wallace, nice both. :) :tyspin

:coolthup

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:00 am  (#516) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
Love them both!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:46 am  (#517) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
2-ton wrote:
Love them both!

Thanks 2-ton.
:smiley2

By the way,
did you take a close look at the small dots in the M. C. Escher text example?

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:56 pm  (#518) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
Lol, they are the spherical maps!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:04 am  (#519) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
2-ton wrote:
Lol,
they are the spherical maps!

:teeth

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Environment Map Sharing Thread (Spherical) Bevel Reflect
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:10 am  (#520) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
I really like both of them, Wallace. Thanks for sharing with us.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group