It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 3:25 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Strange "quote" icon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:18 am  (#1) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
Is it only me or has this link to the "Quote" icon:

styles/GimpChat/imageset/en/icon_post_quote.gif

been altered to point to this:
Attachment:
GimpChatBadQuoteIcon.png
GimpChatBadQuoteIcon.png [ 57.58 KiB | Viewed 3726 times ]

_________________
Image


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Strange "quote" icon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:27 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2011
Posts: 1850
Location: Michigan
Are you speaking of the huge rectangle cause I don't even see one there...

_________________
Image
I'm back I think


Top
 Post subject: Re: Strange "quote" icon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:46 am  (#3) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
ofnuts wrote:
Is it only me or has this link to the "Quote" icon:
been altered to point to this:
I'm not sure I understand your question.

When I clicked the quote icon in your post it came up quoting you.

Later entry: I saw this image that mahvin posted which looks like the one you posted, ofnuts, and it's in another post here, but I didn't go there when I quoted you.

Is it still happening to you? You may want to try clearing your browser's cache.

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: Strange "quote" icon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:19 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 07, 2010
Posts: 439
Location: home/Nixnine/.gimp-2.0/scripts/nixnine.scm
I see a small "quote" image to download.

_________________
I refuse to be confused, but am often confused at this refusal.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Strange "quote" icon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:52 am  (#5) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Posts: 697
It happened to me before. I occasionally get sig pictures or attachments replacing the various buttons. Only happens on this site. I'm guessing it is some king of caching issue. If you clear your cache it goes away.

-Rob A.

_________________
Image
Fantasy Cartography and Mapping by RobA


Top
 Post subject: Re: Strange "quote" icon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:03 pm  (#6) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16180
Clearing the browser catch fixes most of those errors.I have not had any of those errors to date.
Sort of happy about that. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Strange "quote" icon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:37 pm  (#7) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
Fixed now... and I didn't reload my cache (did a couple of Ctrl-reload, though). Sorry for the alarm.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Strange "quote" icon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:04 pm  (#8) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16180
That image is one Mahvin posted in the embossed edges thread.Maybe he posted it the same time you viewed the post?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1453#p17754


Top
 Post subject: Re: Strange "quote" icon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:17 pm  (#9) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
Rod wrote:
That image is one Mahvin posted in the embossed edges thread.Maybe he posted it the same time you viewed the post?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1453#p17754
I did see that image there... I'm just wondering what kind of mixup happened at GimpChat to confuse my Firefox.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Strange "quote" icon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:22 pm  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2011
Posts: 1850
Location: Michigan
Something tells me this is firefox, I have been having a little mishap like this for a day or so since I noticed it. The Bars that sepperate new topics on the first page, just are not there. I am not really that worried about this.

So maybe this is just Firefox doing this? What version you got Ofnuts? I got the latest before, the new version. So a bit older, but the newest one doesn't support all the plug-ins I must have

_________________
Image
I'm back I think


Top
 Post subject: Re: Strange "quote" icon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:33 pm  (#11) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
Other have reported a similar problem. There is caching occurring both by the phpBB system on the server and via the browser on the client. I suspect Firefox is getting confused. I use FF most of the time but I clear my FF cache (Forms, History and Browser) on exit so I never see this problem.

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: Strange "quote" icon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:37 pm  (#12) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16180
GnuTux wrote:
Other have reported a similar problem. There is caching occurring both by the phpBB system on the server and via the browser on the client. I suspect Firefox is getting confused. I use FF most of the time but I clear my FF cache (Forms, History and Browser) on exit so I never see this problem.


I do the same, and that is probably why i do not get these errors either.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group