It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:17 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Remaking Photoshop Actions in GIMP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:38 am  (#1) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: May 07, 2014
Posts: 4560
Location: Canada
a possible client (long gone by now)
directed me to https://www.deviantart.com/rawimage/art ... -853811976
to get an .ATN file. but I tried opening it in sublime and it's all in Hex.

I was wondering if anyone has access to Photoshop to convert the .ATN file to xml or text or any readable format so I can read the actions.
I tried looking at the free trial for Photoshop but the price is too steep for me and I don't want to sign up and having cancel when I don't intend to actually own Photoshop.

I was wondering if anyone knows a way (or has access to Photoshop already) and convert the ATN file to readable actions so I can try to reproduce in GIMP.

In return, I'll share the reproduced result plug-in if successful.

_________________
Image
Visualize your and others dreams coming true.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Remaking Photoshop Actions in GIMP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:47 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 19, 2018
Posts: 164
trandoductin wrote:
a possible client (long gone by now)
directed me to https://www.deviantart.com/rawimage/art ... -853811976
to get an .ATN file. but I tried opening it in sublime and it's all in Hex.

I was wondering if anyone has access to Photoshop to convert the .ATN file to xml or text or any readable format so I can read the actions.
I tried looking at the free trial for Photoshop but the price is too steep for me and I don't want to sign up and having cancel when I don't intend to actually own Photoshop.

I was wondering if anyone knows a way (or has access to Photoshop already) and convert the ATN file to readable actions so I can try to reproduce in GIMP.

In return, I'll share the reproduced result plug-in if successful.


Hello Tin

I can't help with PS, my only suggestion is that you could maybe try Photopea - https://www.photopea.com/

Perhaps this editor could meet your needs.

Good luck.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Remaking Photoshop Actions in GIMP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:07 am  (#3) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: May 07, 2014
Posts: 4560
Location: Canada
Thanks Krikor.
I was able to open the ATN in Photopea and see the actions.
but it's a huge list and no properties can be seen which I would need to emulate in GIMP.

_________________
Image
Visualize your and others dreams coming true.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Remaking Photoshop Actions in GIMP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:19 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 31, 2020
Posts: 2014
I can do this on the latest version of Photoshop I have. CS5 from 2010. It has actions

btw, so does photoshop from 1996.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Remaking Photoshop Actions in GIMP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:21 am  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 31, 2020
Posts: 2014
Send me the atn file and I'll try to make GEGL syntax that mimics it and give you its instructions.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Remaking Photoshop Actions in GIMP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:33 pm  (#6) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: May 07, 2014
Posts: 4560
Location: Canada
Hi Contrast,
the ATN, It's downloadable from the link given in 1st post

_________________
Image
Visualize your and others dreams coming true.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Remaking Photoshop Actions in GIMP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:51 pm  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 31, 2020
Posts: 2014
I can't download it because I don't have a deviant art account.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Remaking Photoshop Actions in GIMP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:30 pm  (#8) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: May 07, 2014
Posts: 4560
Location: Canada
oh right forgot about that here it is.


Attachments:
polagen_4_by_rawimage_de4c5jc.zip [5 MiB]
Downloaded 74 times

_________________
Image
Visualize your and others dreams coming true.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Remaking Photoshop Actions in GIMP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:08 pm  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 31, 2020
Posts: 2014
I ran it on 2010 photoshop and it kept warning about missing a few features but loaded this. I do not have access to any later version of PS.


GEGL could mimick this with mean curvature blur, a color tint with color-overlay on a blend mode and gaussian blur, and linear motion blur at very low settings

Here is the output
Attachment:
210ps_fail.png
210ps_fail.png [ 378.31 KiB | Viewed 3648 times ]



Would you like me to make a GEGL Graph of this vintage effect?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Remaking Photoshop Actions in GIMP
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:17 am  (#10) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: May 07, 2014
Posts: 4560
Location: Canada
No I was just wanting to do it as a plug-in for the client.
I don't personally have use for it.

_________________
Image
Visualize your and others dreams coming true.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group