It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2026 2:04 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Bugs within the Windows 10 System
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:39 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
Oh how I hate windows 10. Now not only do I have 1 bug within the "Task View" which Wallace and I spent at least a day trying to get rid of, to no avail.. now it appears that I have 2. The second one came from this forum where as the first one which came from a file I had deleted. I guess the Task View simply hates having the page deleted before trying to get rid of it in the "Task View". Windows 10 is turning out to be such a let down. :(


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Bugs within the Windows 10 System
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:31 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Should only have to right-click on the taskbar and uncheck "Show Task View button". I actually like Task view which I have Timeline enabled so it quick launches programs that I've ran before (do this often). To each his/her own. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bugs within the Windows 10 System
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:03 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
lylejk wrote:
Should only have to right-click on the taskbar and uncheck "Show Task View button". I actually like Task view which I have Timeline enabled so it quick launches programs that I've ran before (do this often). To each his/her own. :)


I've done that and it doesn't make the problem disappear. Even if I checked it to enable it, you can bet that the problem will still be there. That is why it's a windows problem. I actually like Task view too but with Windows, it definitely has bugs.


Attachments:
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png [ 939.72 KiB | Viewed 2684 times ]
Top
 Post subject: Re: Bugs within the Windows 10 System
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:27 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
I have found another bug in the system. This happened when I turned on my laptop a few minutes ago. Apparently, my laptop didn't shut down properly and I now have a 3rd bug.

I'm seriously hating Windows 10 now. All of these bugs are ridiculous! Windows support is no help at all.


Attachments:
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (6).png [ 724.89 KiB | Viewed 2626 times ]
Top
 Post subject: Re: Bugs within the Windows 10 System
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:35 am  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Sorry, I have Windows 10 (64bits) since its first release, and I didn 't have any bug sofar.
Maybe I'm lucky and you...unlucky, IDK.
Let's hear from Wallace.

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bugs within the Windows 10 System
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:55 am  (#6) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
We went through everything I could think to do and nothing helped.
We even did an "In Place Upgrade",
which also had no effect on the bugs.

Image

@mackenzieh
I'm not sure what this "new" bug is,
that you say has suddenly appeared.
The only other thing I can think of to do,
would be a fresh installation of Windows 10.
You can always PM me if you want,
and we can get together again to see what's going on.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bugs within the Windows 10 System
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:36 am  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
dinasset wrote:
Sorry, I have Windows 10 (64bits) since its first release, and I didn 't have any bug sofar.
Maybe I'm lucky and you...unlucky, IDK.
Let's hear from Wallace.


Dinasset, I too have Windows 10 (64 Bits) and I have been using it since I have had my laptop which isn't even a year old yet. I'm not the only user to complain about it and I've done that a lot and like I said Windows Support is now help. I don't think I'm unlucky, Windows 10 64Bit is just a piece of work to put it nicely. A piece of work that still needs improvements.


Last edited by mackenzieh on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Bugs within the Windows 10 System
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:38 am  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
Wallace wrote:
We went through everything I could think to do and nothing helped.
We even did an "In Place Upgrade",
which also had no effect on the bugs.

[ Image ]

@mackenzieh
I'm not sure what this "new" bug is,
that you say has suddenly appeared.
The only other thing I can think of to do,
would be a fresh installation of Windows 10.
You can always PM me if you want,
and we can get together again to see what's going on.


I will be definitely PMing you. UGH! Windows 10 is such a pain. I can't win for losing. :gaah


Top
 Post subject: Re: Bugs within the Windows 10 System
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:27 pm  (#9) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
mackenzieh wrote:
I will be definitely PMing you.
UGH! Windows 10 is such a pain.
I can't win for losing. :gaah

No problem Mackenzieh.
Nearly everyone using Win 10,
has some sort of issue/bug going on.
So you're not alone.
Sadly enough,
I too have a few minor annoyances,
that I haven't been able to correct.
Send me a PM and we'll see what can be done,
if anything.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group