It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 6:34 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: So, I hear you like art.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:38 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 19, 2010
Posts: 376
Location: North Central Ohio, USA
As much as I appreciate looking at digital art and trying to create my own, I am amazed at the skill and inventiveness of artists in all mediums. The sidewalk Mona Lisa is a great example. Who would have ever thought to use cups of coffee to make an image?

Everybody can use a little inspiration, and maybe we can each add a bit of awesome art in this thread.

Some of you may be familiar with the work of Eric Grohe, a muralist in a grand scale. He has done several works throughout Ohio and elsewhere. His website is here, and this is just one example of his work:
Attachment:
File comment: Liberty Remembers, Bucyrus, OH
liberty_lg.jpg
liberty_lg.jpg [ 201.57 KiB | Viewed 2187 times ]

_________________
Life Truth: #12
My cat is a worst typist than I am.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: So, I hear you like art.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:26 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2010
Posts: 2253
Location: Retired Moderator Slowly Returning to the Living.
All forms of art have intrinsic value, even though the artistic value is seen differently by different people. I love all sorts of artwork. Some may be considered weird or freaky, but it's all so enjoyable!

_________________
Artists aren't crazy! We're eccentric! ~G.M. Ross

Image

My Sigs = My Photos
Check out my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomastergreg.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group