It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:35 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Sharing pictures on monasteries
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:13 am  (#41) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you so much Dinasset. I take note about treatment. I like the results. :) :tyspin

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sharing pictures on monasteries
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:11 am  (#42) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
These photos from my last journey to Lisbon. They belong to Cathedral Cloister. I tried to reduce some noise to one of them.


Attachments:
IMG_3902.JPG
IMG_3902.JPG [ 1.72 MiB | Viewed 2562 times ]
IMG_3902-Applied Iains noise reduction+LCS.Enhance.JPG
IMG_3902-Applied Iains noise reduction+LCS.Enhance.JPG [ 923.22 KiB | Viewed 2562 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Sharing pictures on monasteries
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:12 am  (#43) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
And these,


Attachments:
IMG_3896.JPG
IMG_3896.JPG [ 1.83 MiB | Viewed 2562 times ]
IMG_3922.JPG
IMG_3922.JPG [ 1.52 MiB | Viewed 2562 times ]
IMG_3921.JPG
IMG_3921.JPG [ 2.02 MiB | Viewed 2562 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Sharing pictures on monasteries
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:45 am  (#44) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Nice pictures, but I don't think it's a good idea to apply de-noising: first image has been "damaged" IMHO

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sharing pictures on monasteries
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:52 am  (#45) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you Dinasset, Apply on it other kind of filter better?


Attachments:
IMG_3902-Added detail.JPG
IMG_3902-Added detail.JPG [ 1.81 MiB | Viewed 2550 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Sharing pictures on monasteries
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:07 am  (#46) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Yes, I like to see details on architectures.
My first trial on that subject:
1-gimp-color-levels auto on values
2-gimp-color-levels mid-point to 0.80 only on BLUE
3-gmic-sharpen-richardson/lucy 1.1 11
Attachment:
IMG_3902-dn1.JPG
IMG_3902-dn1.JPG [ 2.05 MiB | Viewed 2550 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sharing pictures on monasteries
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:14 am  (#47) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thanks Dinasset for sharing your steps to follow, you gave the pic that look I saw in real atmosphere. :bump

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sharing pictures on monasteries
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:16 am  (#48) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
in this second one i stretched all colors (no modifications on blu) and luminosity
(giving 1% of min/max values on any color and values)
Attachment:
IMG_3902-dn2.JPG
IMG_3902-dn2.JPG [ 1.71 MiB | Viewed 2547 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sharing pictures on monasteries
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:19 am  (#49) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
...I'm sure someone will come with nicer outcomes...if they are not all in the sea to get some fresh on the skin (here is terribly hot!)

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sharing pictures on monasteries
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:30 am  (#50) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
I see. I like more your first way as it isn't bluish however your second try is more real to the original colours. But both of them I like a lot and I learn to know how to treat the photos. Thanks :tyspin
and... about hot, here it's boiling :) I can't go out, so under air conditioner almost the whole day.

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sharing pictures on monasteries
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:58 am  (#51) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
still second method, but reducing a bit the blueish
Attachment:
IMG_3902-dn2m.JPG
IMG_3902-dn2m.JPG [ 1.74 MiB | Viewed 2109 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group