It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 4:25 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:11 am  (#1) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2010
Posts: 1171
Location: Here and there

I have a request.

Unlike most of you here, I'm not at all artistic and I'd like to know what, if anything, the more creative people of GimpChat would do with these:

Image Image
Click through to get to the full size images.


Any opinions, positive or negative, would be welcome.

Kevin


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:03 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
ok I would mist them and/or make a plaid...but my first instinct is to mist and save as a transparent .png file for graphic designing.
Then I could, and probably will...use them in my tags etc that I make. :gimp


Attachments:
GCplaid.png
GCplaid.png [ 167.92 KiB | Viewed 3731 times ]
GCflower.png
GCflower.png [ 245.24 KiB | Viewed 3731 times ]
Top
 Post subject: Re: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:32 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
Can always Droste it. Left it with transparent background and it just fit within the Shacks parameters (wasn't going to waste Tux's storage space). :)

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:41 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
Thought I would convert my last effort into an AC; hope Tux doesn't mind that I am using some of his storage space this time (still kept it w/ transparent background). :)


Attachments:
ac.png
ac.png [ 1.48 MiB | Viewed 3707 times ]

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:14 am  (#5) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
paynekj wrote:

I have a request.

Unlike most of you here, I'm not at all artistic and I'd like to know what, if anything, the more creative people of GimpChat would do with these:

Image Image
Click through to get to the full size images.


Any opinions, positive or negative, would be welcome.

Kevin


I think the flower alone would make a really cool watermark brush. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:46 am  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 29, 2011
Posts: 346
Location: Wisconsin
Why do anything with them? The one on the left is a nicely composed picture that can stand on it's own merit. You could go the PhotoComix route and apply some of his graphics enhancement filters if you want that type of look.

Personally, I'm not into photo manipulation, so I would leave them alone.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:32 am  (#7) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
bkh1914 wrote:
Why do anything with them? The one on the left is a nicely composed picture that can stand on it's own merit.
I agree.

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:03 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
Maybe so O/bkh, but I still enjoy the play. Went with more then a few G'MIC presets and some texture blend and a few additional GIMP Script-fus (Warp-Sharp for instance) and a variety of layer property blends for this watercolor like result (all above not in order. lol).

Decided to steal some of Tux's space this time (hope you don't mind Tux). :)


Attachments:
IMGP1915.JPG
IMGP1915.JPG [ 2.87 MiB | Viewed 3685 times ]

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:35 pm  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 12, 2010
Posts: 5870
very nice fluorescent colors L

I still playing with edges filters ..again gimp crashed before i may save everything but 2

Attachment:
flowerb.png
flowerb.png [ 643.13 KiB | Viewed 3677 times ]


Attachments:
flower-soft.png
flower-soft.png [ 802.95 KiB | Viewed 3677 times ]

_________________
My 3D Gallery on Deviantart http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/
Main gallery http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix-mandala/
Mandala and simmetry http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix_mandala/

Image

Mrs Wilbress
Top
 Post subject: Re: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:40 pm  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 12, 2010
Posts: 5870
PS
very nice photos Pajneky they dpon't need a retouch but if is always fun play with nice pic

_________________
My 3D Gallery on Deviantart http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/
Main gallery http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix-mandala/
Mandala and simmetry http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix_mandala/

Image

Mrs Wilbress


Top
 Post subject: Re: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:49 pm  (#11) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
:hehe This is like throwing food to carp. Absolutely no one on this forum can pass up an offer like this. I think we all just sit around waiting for someone to post an image so we can fool with it. Any image posted will get at least 4212 responses within half an hour. My favorites are:

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:51 pm  (#12) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
And grain extract, which I think is underestimated sometimes.

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:00 pm  (#13) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2011
Posts: 1850
Location: Michigan
Image
Reviving one of my favorite G'MIC filters to date

_________________
Image
I'm back I think


Top
 Post subject: Re: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:25 pm  (#14) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
Just wish I wasn't so cheap myself GMS since I really like Fractilus results too. G'MIC b/w hardsketch can get you very close, but not all the way. I also agree with you about the carp analogy. lol

:)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:42 pm  (#15) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 29, 2011
Posts: 346
Location: Wisconsin
GMS - That Fractalius one really appeals to me. Very nice.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:18 pm  (#16) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Feb 06, 2011
Posts: 342
I think the Flower pics are great. No need to change them except for the fun of creating other master pieces. :)

Liana


Top
 Post subject: Re: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:39 pm  (#17) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2010
Posts: 2253
Location: Retired Moderator Slowly Returning to the Living.
I looooove these flowers! I have never seen them before, and they are quite unique! They are awesome with or without editting!

_________________
Artists aren't crazy! We're eccentric! ~G.M. Ross

Image

My Sigs = My Photos
Check out my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomastergreg.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Creative help requested
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:41 am  (#18) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2010
Posts: 1171
Location: Here and there

Firstly a thank you :tyspin to everyone for all your creations and opinions. I think you may inspire me to try and be more creative in future despite my initial feeling that I prefer to try and maintain the "realism".

It is curious that usually I'm not at all keen on this "extreme" form of photo manipulation, but when it's done to my own photos it's become fascinating. I'll try to have a more open minded approach in future.

My own take on post processing was to go this way (mostly in Photivo with a bit of cloning in GIMP):
Image

Thanks again.

Kevin

P.S. The flower is a spoon petalled Osteospurmum


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group