It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2026 7:21 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Before and after Tree in the city
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:48 am  (#1) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8472
Location: On the other side of your screen
I only recently found the heal tool filter and saw what it can do, so tried it on a photo. I think I may have missed a couple of poles - not sure but let me know if you can see them.
Image

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Before and after Tree in the city
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:15 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 15, 2012
Posts: 949
Location: Mesa, AZ
Looks pretty good. A little tip though, in the sky parts, where the color should be smooth, I can see lines around the trees, presumably where the power lines were. If you take the smudge tool after healing or cloning such a large even space, you can smooth out those kinds of imperfections. But from a distance it looks good.

_________________
Image

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Before and after Tree in the city
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:50 am  (#3) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8472
Location: On the other side of your screen
Thanks ek
I went back and made the changes. I think I got all the areas
Image

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Before and after Tree in the city
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:48 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Lovely work sallyanne. Those trees look lovely without power lines.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Before and after Tree in the city
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:53 am  (#5) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8472
Location: On the other side of your screen
Thank you Erisian :)

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Before and after Tree in the city
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:19 am  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 02, 2013
Posts: 2090
Nice work, that looks awesome.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Before and after Tree in the city
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:30 pm  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 27, 2012
Posts: 393
Location: England
Good job there, especially where the lines pass in front of the trees. It must've taken a lot of patience to get that right.

_________________
Image

DeviantArt gallery


Top
 Post subject: Re: Before and after Tree in the city
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:32 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 30, 2012
Posts: 2174
Good work and I would imagine not the easiest of image to clean.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Before and after Tree in the city
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:38 pm  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 15, 2012
Posts: 949
Location: Mesa, AZ
Looks good now, nice work on that. I know it takes a good long while to do a job like this one.

_________________
Image

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Before and after Tree in the city
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:40 pm  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2011
Posts: 1850
Location: Michigan
wow thats very cool looking!

When I first glanced I thought something was wrong but it's just an unnatural looking shape in the tree, right towards the center. It draws the eye in atleast for me, nothing against your work just one of the strange quirks of nature.

_________________
Image
I'm back I think


Top
 Post subject: Re: Before and after Tree in the city
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:43 pm  (#11) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
Really good job for just using the heal tool. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Before and after Tree in the city
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:58 am  (#12) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8472
Location: On the other side of your screen
Thank you everybody for your comments.
Quote:
@ Rod - Really good job for just using the heal tool

Thankyou Rod it is a neat filter but I did use smudge as well.
Quote:
@ Willy - wow thats very cool looking!
When I first glanced I thought something was wrong but it's just an unnatural looking shape in the tree, right towards the center. It draws the eye in atleast for me, nothing against your work just one of the strange quirks of nature.

Thank you Willy and welcome back to GimpChat.
Quote:
@ ek22 - Looks good now, nice work on that. I know it takes a good long while to do a job like this one.

Thank you ek. Did take a little while. I found I couldn't do large areas at once and to get into smaller areas I needed the view up which made it a larger area to cover. Thanks for the extra tip.
Quote:
@ he4rty - Good work and I would imagine not the easiest of image to clean.

Thank you. Not really easy but a good feeling to see a job well done.
Quote:
@ Caz Good job there, especially where the lines pass in front of the trees. It must've taken a lot of patience to get that right
. Thanks Caz, just a few hours.
Quote:
@ The Warrior - Nice work, that looks awesome.

Thankyou very much

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


cron

* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group