Onkel Hatti wrote:
Ähh, sorry, when I first saw it, it looked for me as a "endtime" look after the explosion of a really big nuclear bomb.
Nice one
It does leave a lot to be desired this alleged HDR effect of mine. The original images are more brown than the one that appeared after running Luminance. Nothing to do with the camera, the boats and marshes really are that colour. They have been sitting there for years, rotting and blending into the background.
I was trying to find a way to get more colour into the image but there's not really much there to start with, which is a bit of a shame as I like taking pictures of the wrecked boats I find.
I'll try the suggestions you made and see what I can come up with.
Thanks for the xcf, lylejk. I did come up with something similar when I ran RawTherapee's tone map and to be honest that sky of mine really is a bit wild.
Is the Luma layer create using a filter? it's not one I've come across before.
Akros wrote:
I agree with Onkel Hatti, this image does not seem to HDR. It was very greenish.
In HDR tries to compensate for the differences that the lens does not capture in one shot.
The scenery was interesting, but did not understand where it would have HDR.
You're right, Akros. I think that there's not enough colour variation in the original images to make them into a HDR. It was more of an experiment just to see what would happen.
Thanks for the feedback guys, it's been very helpful.