It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 9:45 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Freaky Forest Fractal Flythru - A Short Video
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:24 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 04, 2015
Posts: 1477
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com


Learning keyframing in Mandelbulber and using Gimp for pre and post-processing. A very good combination. :)


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Freaky Forest Fractal Flythru - A Short Video
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:31 pm  (#2) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Tas_mania wrote:
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com


Learning keyframing in Mandelbulber and using Gimp for pre and post-processing.
A very good combination. :)

,
:coolthup
.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Freaky Forest Fractal Flythru - A Short Video
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:08 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
It's really nice to see it. :coolthup

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Freaky Forest Fractal Flythru - A Short Video
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:00 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Really cool video, Tas; saw this one at work earlier. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Freaky Forest Fractal Flythru - A Short Video
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:49 am  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 08, 2016
Posts: 2883
Location: East Midlands of England
This is exactly how I imagined my synapses to look like on a good day.
LOL

_________________
Image
"Let no one steal your dreams."
Paul Cookson

Custom Font Links
2.10 Tools
Character Paths
White Bases


Top
 Post subject: Re: Freaky Forest Fractal Flythru - A Short Video
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:50 am  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
Very good Tas_mania. Looks like you're learning Mandelbulber pretty well now. I'm not in a mood to learn a new program right now, but if I get bored, I might try it out sometime.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Freaky Forest Fractal Flythru - A Short Video
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:04 pm  (#7) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8475
Location: On the other side of your screen
Very nice, colourful too. I never tried the movies with that program - don't have it any more now either.
Have to try fractals again one day, and I might just try the movies of them.

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Freaky Forest Fractal Flythru - A Short Video
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:28 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 04, 2015
Posts: 1477
Thanks for the nice comments from Gimp Chat users who are themselves accomplished artists.
Wallace - always very supportive of peoples work and a really selfless person.
Isabella - I know your style is very different but also very supportive.
Lyle - You are interested in all things Gimp, something of a legend.
Skinneyhouse - I'm sure I could do a flythru of your synapses on a bad day :)
Sallyann and racer-x - I'm just an apprentice at animated 3D fractals. The master is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AudUVaNpNOQ

"I'm not in a mood to learn a new program right now" Understandable. I'm testing a beta version of MDBB that I had to compile and OpenCL is not fully implemented so there is a way to go yet.
Stephens render times were taking up to a week per video so OpenCL is a must. Ideal fractal render computers are the same as 3D gaming rigs (and bitcoin miners for some reason?) For fractals 2 SLI video cards is better than 2 quad-core CPUs. I would say it's because graphics cards are designed specifically to crunch graphics data and not general number crunching like CPUs.
Advice for 2019 - invest in graphics not CPU's. :)


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group