It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 10:21 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Krita for Windows
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:36 am  (#41) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 26, 2014
Posts: 53
rich2005 wrote:
[ Image ]

I don't know G'Mic that much so what happens when you apply it?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Krita for Windows
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:11 am  (#42) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 04, 2011
Posts: 2615
Kenlee20 wrote:
rich2005 wrote:
[ Image ]

I don't know G'Mic that much so what happens when you apply it?


Looks like this and depends on which filter you select.

Image

If not familiar with gmic, best to experiment first using Gimp, where you get a preview of the effect depending on values entered.

Also the range of effects available in Krita is not as large as the latest gmic.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Krita for Windows
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:40 pm  (#43) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
Has anyone used the Windows 10 app of Krita that's in the app store? If you have, is it worth downloading and is it better to download the app rather than the program from the site itself?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Krita for Windows
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:43 pm  (#44) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
mackenzieh wrote:
Has anyone used the Windows 10 app of Krita that's in the app store? If you have, is it worth downloading and is it better to download the app rather than the program from the site itself?

Forget about the Windows App Store.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Krita for Windows
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:55 pm  (#45) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
Wallace wrote:
mackenzieh wrote:
Has anyone used the Windows 10 app of Krita that's in the app store? If you have, is it worth downloading and is it better to download the app rather than the program from the site itself?

Forget about the Windows App Store.

I stumbled upon it as I was searching for paint.net. That app you have to pay $4.99 for. However, Krita isn't free.. you have to pay for that too.. $9.79, but Inkscape is. Too bad Gimp doesn't have an app.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Krita for Windows
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:03 am  (#46) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
mackenzieh wrote:
I stumbled upon it as I was searching for paint.net.
That app you have to pay $4.99 for.
However,
Krita isn't free.. you have to pay for that too.. $9.79,
but Inkscape is.
Too bad Gimp doesn't have an app.

Gimp already has an app,
you can get it at Gimp.org.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Krita for Windows
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:13 am  (#47) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 04, 2011
Posts: 2615
mackenzieh wrote:
Has anyone used the Windows 10 app of Krita that's in the app store? If you have, is it worth downloading and is it better to download the app rather than the program from the site itself?


M$ will extract the last drop of blood.

Some quotes from M$

There’s a Windows 10 for everyone - Windows 10 S
Windows 10 S is streamlined for security and performance, and works exclusively with apps from the Microsoft Store.

Krita £8.19 incl. VAT but it also says
..Krita is a FREE and open source painting tool designed for concept artists..
and ..Get this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.

That is kind of them, what a bargain for a free application.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Krita for Windows
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:32 am  (#48) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2010
Posts: 1171
Location: Here and there
mackenzieh wrote:
Too bad Gimp doesn't have an app.


See the bugzilla for discussions of the challenges involved: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=793522


Top
 Post subject: Re: Krita for Windows
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:25 pm  (#49) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
paynekj wrote:

See the bugzilla for discussions of the challenges involved:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=793522

Thanks paynekj,
for the bugzilla link.
There's a lot more to this issue then meets the eye.
;)

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Krita for Windows
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:44 am  (#50) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
I know this topic is old but I need help. I need help with adding the updated gmic to Krita 4.2.6 Every time I try, the new version either doesn't show up or I get errors. Where do the files go? I have the recent updated version of Krita and the recent updated version of gmic. I tried asking through social media and I didn't get the answer I was satisfied with. I'm using Windows 10 64 Bit. The version of Gmic I have in Krita is 2.6.7 and I want to update it to 2.7.1. Help please.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Krita for Windows
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:53 pm  (#51) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 04, 2011
Posts: 2615
mackenzieh wrote:
I know this topic is old but I need help.....snip...The version of Gmic I have in Krita is 2.6.7 and I want to update it to 2.7.1. Help please.


Download the gmic-krita plugin https://www.fosshub.com/GMIC.html?dwl=g ... _win64.zip and unzip it in its own folder somewhere convenient. I suggest in your 'Users' folder.

Start Krita. Go to Settings -> Configure Krita. Bottom of that is a Gmic-QT Integration section. Open that.

Image

Krita already comes with a built in Gmic, an older 2.6 version. Use the search folder to find that new version you just downloaded and unzipped.

Image

..and OK that

Restart Krita and check in Filters -> Start G'mic-QT that the new version is there.

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Krita for Windows
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:06 pm  (#52) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
rich2005 wrote:
mackenzieh wrote:
I know this topic is old but I need help.....snip...The version of Gmic I have in Krita is 2.6.7 and I want to update it to 2.7.1. Help please.


Download the gmic-krita plugin https://www.fosshub.com/GMIC.html?dwl=g ... _win64.zip and unzip it in its own folder somewhere convenient. I suggest in your 'Users' folder.

Start Krita. Go to Settings -> Configure Krita. Bottom of that is a Gmic-QT Integration section. Open that.

[ Image ]

Krita already comes with a built in Gmic, an older 2.6 version. Use the search folder to find that new version you just downloaded and unzipped.

[ Image ]

..and OK that

Restart Krita and check in Filters -> Start G'mic-QT that the new version is there.

[ Image ]


I gave it another try and it works. Thanks, Rich.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Krita for Windows
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:07 pm  (#53) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Krita 4.4.0 is released.

https://krita.org/en/

and I have been playing with it.

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Krita for Windows
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:35 pm  (#54) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
Krita has now been updated to 5.1.5. I don't see G'MIC 3.2.3 anywhere in Krita since it's supposed to be built-in. The version I have in Krita is 3.1.6... I think. Anyway, I'm wondering where the updated version of GMIC for Krita is. I have reached out to the krita developers on social media, but I have yet to hear back from them. I'm using Windows 10. Any help in finding out where a download is or where it is in Krita would be greatly appreciated.


Last edited by mackenzieh on Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Krita for Windows
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:55 am  (#55) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 24, 2021
Posts: 859
Location: SEA - South East Asia
mackenzieh wrote:
Anyway, I'm wondering where the updated version of GMIC for Krita is. I have reached out to the krita developers on social media, but I have yet to hear back from them. I'm using Windows 10. Any help in finding out where a download is or where it is in Krita would be greatly appreciated.


You can't anymore update G'MIC inside Krita (got the same problem on Linux (appimage) from Krita version 5.0)
Thus you will have the version of G'MIC of what the developers of Krita will put in... no more choice, you'll have to cope up with an outdated plugin, but the worse part is you cannot anymore help G'MIC, because if you find a bug, they will ask you to switch the latest version, which you cannot...
> Bravo Krita :clap (being sarcastic)

_________________
Patrice


Top
 Post subject: Re: Krita for Windows
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:01 pm  (#56) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
PixLab wrote:
mackenzieh wrote:
Anyway, I'm wondering where the updated version of GMIC for Krita is. I have reached out to the krita developers on social media, but I have yet to hear back from them. I'm using Windows 10. Any help in finding out where a download is or where it is in Krita would be greatly appreciated.


You can't anymore update G'MIC inside Krita (got the same problem on Linux (appimage) from Krita version 5.0)
Thus you will have the version of G'MIC of what the developers of Krita will put in... no more choice, you'll have to cope up with an outdated plugin, but the worse part is you cannot anymore help G'MIC, because if you find a bug, they will ask you to switch the latest version, which you cannot...
> Bravo Krita :clap (being sarcastic)


Ah, okay. Well I guess I'm stuck with version 3.1.6.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group