It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 10:54 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:41 am  (#101) 
Online
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 08, 2016
Posts: 2881
Location: East Midlands of England
That's impressive and its pretty - so pretty impressive I guess.
Good one Lyle.

_________________
Image
"Let no one steal your dreams."
Paul Cookson

Custom Font Links
2.10 Tools
Character Paths
White Bases


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:13 am  (#102) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
Thanks Skinnyhouse. I think Resynthesizer to re-texture the stones made a big difference once I resized. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:24 am  (#103) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
lylejk wrote:
ref: https://www.deviantart.com/strapaca/art ... -794248554

Just an excuse to play with SG again. I did do some Resynthesizer/G'MIC tricks for resizing. The original also has transparent background by the way (have to retrieve that from link). :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34520999@ ... 4/sizes/o/

[ Image ]

Try this one Lyle. Should be seamless. :)

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:48 pm  (#104) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
OK, Rod; gave it a try (sans Resynthesizer; just takes too long). :)


Attachments:
atry.png
atry.png [ 1.27 MiB | Viewed 10485 times ]

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:06 am  (#105) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
lylejk wrote:
OK, Rod; gave it a try (sans Resynthesizer; just takes too long). :)


Very alienist looking. :hehe :bigthup


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:27 pm  (#106) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
There you go again accusing me of being from another planet. lololololol

:)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:46 pm  (#107) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
OK; finally got sculpture generator loaded to my net newer computer. Mahvin's link no longer works and don't believe I ever copied it to even my last new PC; lol.

Still had to play with this gem once again. Now that I have a 4K monitor, I can even get higher rez outputs (screen captured and processed within the GIMP of course). One day I'll have to try to get into 3D programs. lol

:)


Attachments:
sg.jpg
sg.jpg [ 1.74 MiB | Viewed 5747 times ]

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:30 am  (#108) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
@Rod.
If you did the pattern in post #103 in Gimp (unfortunately I suspect it's FF) - then I'm very interested in how ?.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:05 pm  (#109) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
Sculpture Generator animated versions found here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15876#p219792


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:47 pm  (#110) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
MareroQ wrote:
@Rod.
If you did the pattern in post #103 in Gimp (unfortunately I suspect it's FF) - then I'm very interested in how ?.

Definitely FF (version 8 pro)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:15 am  (#111) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
Hi Rod.

Thank You for the quick reply (I have FF7 but I am looking for a possibility to create such a very interesting pattern with Gimp).

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:58 pm  (#112) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
Time for my Sculpt-Gen Fix! :rofl :clap

youtube.com Video from : youtube.com


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:15 am  (#113) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 04, 2011
Posts: 2615
Linux: I think it is going to take a bit of work to get animations as good as the examples shown. Very roundabout way.

SculptureGenerator.exe works with WINE (but is a bit picky about WINE version)
I can get an ASCII .stl mesh out and convert it to a binary .stl Using a little ruby script convertSTL.rb
The binary .stl to .obj with ctmconv (part of openctm-tools package)

..and Gimp gmic to open the .obj file. Coloured it with gmic stylize.

Attachment:
mesh.jpg
mesh.jpg [ 118.3 KiB | Viewed 5896 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:33 am  (#114) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
The animations I did were with wine, I can't remember which version. I don't use wine anymore so If I wanted to use Sculpture Generator, I would just use a Win VM. The program is very limited for me though, so likely won't have a need for it.

Blender can import the .stl and export it as .obj also. However the key frames are lost as well as the texture. I didn't know that Gmic can import .obj, I'll have to see what it can do....

I just checked and I don't have 3D Mesh in my Gmic. I tried importing my .obj using 3D Rendering by Je'Je', but it just crashes Gmic.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:01 am  (#115) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
rich2005 wrote:
Linux: I think it is going to take a bit of work to get animations as good as the examples shown. Very roundabout way.

SculptureGenerator.exe works with WINE (but is a bit picky about WINE version)
I can get an ASCII .stl mesh out and convert it to a binary .stl Using a little ruby script convertSTL.rb
The binary .stl to .obj with ctmconv (part of openctm-tools package)

..and Gimp gmic to open the .obj file. Coloured it with gmic stylize.

Attachment:
mesh.jpg

Is it possible to use FastStone Capture in Wine. That's all i used for mine to select a rectangular area and create a movie file. Then i just uploaded it to YouTube.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:46 am  (#116) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
Rod wrote:
Is it possible to use FastStone Capture in Wine. That's all i used for mine to select a rectangular area and create a movie file. Then i just uploaded it to YouTube.


There is no need for FastStone in Linux, plenty of good free screen capture utilities available already. I used SimpleScreenRecorder to do the same thing with my animations.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:43 am  (#117) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 04, 2011
Posts: 2615
All sorts of ways.
I have to confess, I find SculptureGenerator a little tricky to manipulate.
However, one way or another I get a .obj file from it.
This time for Art-Of-Illusion (AOI 3D java) and rendered an animation, set of pngs for Gimp. Used a 'particle' type texture (not sure that was a good choice) and the shape spins like this ;)

Attachment:
ani-opt.gif
ani-opt.gif [ 401.49 KiB | Viewed 5857 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Sculpture Generator
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:13 am  (#118) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
Glad you got your fix in, Rod. lolol

Fantastic stuff; didn't know G'MIC can work with 3d files now (really need to keep up with all David's doing with his gem). :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group