It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2026 10:32 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:39 pm  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
@Rod, that post of yours look like it would make nice butterfly wings, so nice and transparent.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:50 am  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 08, 2011
Posts: 285
Wow....like this program...it seems easy to work with :)but i can't see anywhere the price.....and can you buy it through the paypal.

_________________
Image

My Flickr
http://anaplus.deviantart.com/


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:34 pm  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Posts: 395
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Ana wrote:
Wow....like this program...it seems easy to work with :)but i can't see anywhere the price.....and can you buy it through the paypal.


Here and yes paypal!

_________________
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:59 pm  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 08, 2011
Posts: 285
MrBiggz wrote:
Ana wrote:
Wow....like this program...it seems easy to work with :)but i can't see anywhere the price.....and can you buy it through the paypal.


Here and yes paypal!

Thank you MrBiggz.Do i get brushes in full version?

_________________
Image

My Flickr
http://anaplus.deviantart.com/


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:13 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Posts: 395
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Ana,

Brushes are the easiest thing to make and get! Super easy! I made one called Fiberglass

And this is the manual (pdf document)

Let me know if you buy I can tell you how to do brushes in it in a snap!

_________________
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:26 pm  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 08, 2011
Posts: 285
MrBiggz wrote:
Ana,

Brushes are the easiest thing to make and get! Super easy! I made one called Fiberglass

And this is the manual (pdf document)

Let me know if you buy I can tell you how to do brushes in it in a snap!


Aha...thank you MrBiggz.....One more question...i never bought a program through the internet,so i am new in this....If i buy this program,do i get this licence forever or is it valid only 1 year.???????
Sorry on my english.

From flame 2 Circle
Image

_________________
Image

My Flickr
http://anaplus.deviantart.com/


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:56 pm  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Posts: 395
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Ana,

I PM'd you with the details. I felt it a bit more kosher to do so.

~ Dave

_________________
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:54 am  (#28) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Posts: 395
Location: Indianapolis, IN
mahvin wrote:
... Unfortunately, being a Linux user has deterred me from seeking out most of the Windows oriented software.


Runs in WINE. Although I have to figure out why it didn't store the registration data. When I restarted the app it wanted to me to re-input everything. Probably something simple tho.

But yes .. it will function!

_________________
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:05 am  (#29) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
Sweet, i had not realized there was a newer update! :)
And it's free. :jumpclap

Mine didn't have the brush dialog.Or layer capability.
Love the new soft line brush too.

Image

Wine has brought a lot of functionality from Windows to Linux.
Wow Akky it went up 3 dollars that quick?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:10 am  (#30) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
Here is a canvas with all the brush styles so far (including uploaded ones).
I hope they get a dockable interface in the next update though. :)

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:27 am  (#31) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Now that flaming phoenix is way too cool Rod. I just wish they would have filters that can interpret an image and automate the flame drawing of it (yes, I'm that lazy; lol). I might break down soon and get it, but I do know how lazy I am and I don't have a tablet either and hate drawing with a mouse (hence, I'm a filter guy; lol). :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:59 am  (#32) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Posts: 395
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Rod wrote:
Here is a canvas with all the brush styles so far (including uploaded ones).
I hope they get a dockable interface in the next update though. :)


Rod, the support email address for Flame Painter handles it all! Complaints, suggestions, idea and technical problems! I don't know how bombarded this guy gets but I'm sure he at least reads some of the emails.

Although ... I asked last week what kinds of hooks this has in the registry if any. I'd love to throw this on my flash drive! It's like an etch-a-sketch for an adult! :yes

I made one brush that I uploaded. It's called Fiberglass. This thing is so simple is should almost be a sin! :hehe

_________________
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:23 pm  (#33) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 09, 2011
Posts: 726
And now we need to open a new thread where we discuss what is the best way to get a similar flame effect using Gimp or any other OpenSource software :gimp

_________________
Image
Be patient, English is not my language.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:05 pm  (#34) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 09, 2011
Posts: 726
Experimenting flames with Gimp...
Image
Image

_________________
Image
Be patient, English is not my language.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:17 pm  (#35) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
I know, i tried creating 2 or 3 different scratchy type brushes in Gimp-2.7.4 to mimic Flame Painters effects.
Couldn't get it looking good at all.

Love your dragon image though! :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:44 pm  (#36) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Well I broke down; early Christmas present for me. lol

Doubt I will get much use with this one without a pen pad, but might augment a few things with some flames on some things (or not). :)


Attachments:
flameArtwork.png
flameArtwork.png [ 399.59 KiB | Viewed 2140 times ]

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:52 pm  (#37) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
You misspelled your name, Lisle Krolsky. ;)

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:01 pm  (#38) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
lol; if only you knew how many iterations I had to do to get my handle to come close to the way I wanted it Mahvin. Will this program give me the motivation to buy a bamboo (better wacom pads out of the question; only because I made $160 last week did I even think about splurging on a fun but useless toy like this program; lol)? No. lol

Could ask for it for Christmas, but I know I'm a filter guy and it would more then likely just collect dust. Oh well. Do like the layer feature though. Place a flower on the base layer and used it as a template guide for this result. :)

Image

Image hosted free thanks to ImageShack (http://www.imageshack.us).

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:23 am  (#39) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
You've made a monster out of me Rod. lol

Yes, I used a few G'MICy and FotoKiller things for this result. :)

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:41 am  (#40) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Now I really need to hit the sack. lol

Image

Image hosted free thanks to ImageShack (http://www.imageshack.us).

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group