It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:31 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:29 pm  (#41) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
FlutteringBy wrote:
Hi Wallace,
I use PSPI with gimp 2.10.10 & it works just fine....I'm so glad to be able to use a lot of the filters that I'm familiar with....

I'm also running Windows 10...

That's good to know,
thanks. :bigthup

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:42 pm  (#42) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
Wallace wrote:
mackenzieh wrote:
Nidhogg wrote:
No, but you can easily get them...
PSPI is executable, pspi.exe. You put it in the GIMP plug-ins folder. Use search, it's uploaded in GimpChat probably more than once, and you can't go wrong because there is only one version. The site of the original creator Tor Lillqvist is down.

8BF filters are the so-called Photoshop filters. You put em in their own folders. Start Gimp, there will be an entry in Filters menu to locate the folder where your .8bf files are. Restart of Gimp required.

Here is one page for the Xero filters, I see the 32-bit filters download is alive. Use virus scanner anyway, I can't check them because I've been using only Linux lately.
There's also "XERO XL". These are same , but they have bigger preview window, which is better because you can't resize the preview. Use XL version for those that you like.

https://franiemargot.com/pages_divers/page_filtres.htm


Here's another page:
http://www.creationsylvie.net/psp/filtres_psp.html


I searched for pspi.exe here and I don't see it.

I have this pspi.exe file for you.
Not sure if it works with GIMP 2.10.

Attachment:
pspi.zip


Thanks for the file, Wallace.


Last edited by mackenzieh on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:50 pm  (#43) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
mackenzieh wrote:

Thanks for the file, Wallace.

:bigthup

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:20 am  (#44) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
The pspi file works. Anyone know if any other photoshop filters work with pspi in gimp? The only ones I actually got working are Harry's Filters.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:45 am  (#45) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 10, 2013
Posts: 1442
Location: Finland
Did you try the Xero filters? They do work I've used em on Windows. Mehdi filters work, remember to use 32-bit version of the ones that have both.

https://www.mehdiplugins.com/


Most of the free ones I posted earlier in here work. But it's another topic which of them have any use. Some are Shareware.

https://franiemargot.com/pages_divers/page_filtres.htm


Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:11 am  (#46) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
Nidhogg wrote:
Did you try the Xero filters? They do work I've used em on Windows. Mehdi filters work, remember to use 32-bit version of the ones that have both.

https://www.mehdiplugins.com/


Most of the free ones I posted earlier in here work. But it's another topic which of them have any use. Some are Shareware.

https://franiemargot.com/pages_/page_filtres.htm


I have the xero 32bit plugins and they work. How ever on the same page:
https://franiemargot.com/pages_divers/page_filtres.htm

the XERO link--plugins don't seem to work. I get errors.

Image


Last edited by mackenzieh on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:30 am  (#47) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 10, 2013
Posts: 1442
Location: Finland
Okay. Did you try the Xero XL? I remember using them instead of the normal ones to have bigger preview window.
Some .8BF filters work correctly, but you may experience problems with the preview window and zooming.

Redfield offers some of their plugins for free:
https://www.redfieldplugins.com/


I'm using Gimp on Windows only at work anymore and don't remember which filters work, and Gmic has better integration in my opinion.
You just need to test them to see which work and are useful.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:27 am  (#48) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
These 8BF filters all seem to look alike to me.
How does one tell the difference between a 32 bit and 64 bit filters?

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:07 pm  (#49) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
Wallace wrote:
These 8BF filters all seem to look alike to me.
How does one tell the difference between a 32 bit and 64 bit filters?

* * *

By the way...
A few of the links provided in this thread,
no longer work correctly.
If these links are not fixed or replaced.
I will need to remove them.
Thanks.

Links to the posts,
within this thread,
that contain inoperable links.
Can be found below:

[ Image ] Attention: Rod
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12036#p162883


[ Image ] Attention: mackenzieh
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12036&start=10#p188364


Thanks Wallace. I had posted 2 links and they work.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:46 pm  (#50) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
Wallace wrote:
mackenzieh wrote:
Wallace wrote:
These 8BF filters all seem to look alike to me.
How does one tell the difference between a 32 bit and 64 bit filters?

* * *

By the way...
A few of the links provided in this thread,
no longer work correctly.
If these links are not fixed or replaced.
I will need to remove them.
Thanks.

Links to the posts,
within this thread,
that contain inoperable links.
Can be found below:

[ Image ] Attention: Rod
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12036#p162883


[ Image ] Attention: mackenzieh
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12036&start=10#p188364


Thanks Wallace. I had posted 2 links and they work.

Please fix the broken link,
or I'm going need to remove it.


I went back into my posted, edited and deleted the link.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:08 pm  (#51) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
mackenzieh wrote:

I went back into my posted, edited and deleted the link.

Thank you mackenzieh.
:bigthup

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:00 am  (#52) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16180
You will know 32 bit and 64 bit plugins by their names. 32 bit are named regularly. For instance no 32 in the file name.64 bit will always have a 64 in the file name.
"plugin-name-64.8bf"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:02 am  (#53) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16180
Wallace wrote:
These 8BF filters all seem to look alike to me.
How does one tell the difference between a 32 bit and 64 bit filters?

* * *

By the way...
A few of the links provided in this thread,
no longer work correctly.
If these links are not fixed or replaced.
I will need to remove them.
Thanks.

A links to the post,
within this thread,
that contain the inoperable link.
Can be found below:

[ Image ] Attention: Rod
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12036#p162883


I crossed out the link and added the 3 attachment zips and one zip in a separate post.Total of 4 zip files.
Enjoy! :hehe


Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:30 am  (#54) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Rod wrote:
You will know 32 bit and 64 bit plugins by their names. 32 bit are named regularly. For instance no 32 in the file name.64 bit will always have a 64 in the file name.
"plugin-name-64.8bf"


Rod wrote:
I crossed out the link and added the 3 attachment zips and one zip in a separate post.Total of 4 zip files.
Enjoy! :hehe

Thanks Rod.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:36 pm  (#55) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
Rod,
I have downloaded & installed the xerosets 1, 2, 3, and 4 zips and I still get errors: Image

Is there something that is needed to make the filters work?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:50 pm  (#56) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 10, 2013
Posts: 1442
Location: Finland
After you have added the folder where the Xero filters are (Menu/Filters/Photoshop Plug-In Settings....)
the Xero filters will be listed under Filters.
That is FilterMeister, a plug-in creation program. You don't need it to use the 8BF filters.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:28 pm  (#57) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
Nidhogg wrote:
After you have added the folder where the Xero filters are (Menu/Filters/Photoshop Plug-In Settings....)
the Xero filters will be listed under Filters.
That is FilterMeister, a plug-in creation program. You don't need it to use the 8BF filters.


This is where the photoshop filters are held:
Image

This is where my Xero filters are with in GIMP: Image

This is where they are on my C drive:
Image
Image

Where can I find FilterMeister?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:27 pm  (#58) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 10, 2013
Posts: 1442
Location: Finland
Seems to me everything is okay. Happy gimping and Easter for you.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:03 pm  (#59) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
Nidhogg wrote:
Seems to me everything is okay. Happy gimping and Easter for you.


It's not going okay. I have downloaded the Filter and it doesn't seem to work. I still get errors when trying to run xero's filters through MeisterFilter.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

This is where the MeisterFilters are located:
Image

I am still getting errors with MeisterFilter and the xero zip files that Rod had posted.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be great.
Happy Easter to you too.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Xero 8BF filters (windows only)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:52 am  (#60) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
Hi Mackenzieh

We'll clean up before Easter? :bump

You have duplicates (double entries in the menu, e.g. Pastellise, Illustrator) which you have to get rid of.
If you hold the mouse over the filter name - you will see the name of the file (and location) - remove the 8bf that cause the problem.
I suggest leaving only files from Rod (all works for me). I do not know what (and what duplicates) the xero_plugins32 and xeroxl directories contain.


Attachments:
Lokalization.png
Lokalization.png [ 181.69 KiB | Viewed 7064 times ]

_________________
Image
Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group