It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 10:41 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; I made animated rain!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:53 pm  (#41) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Cool. You've done a great job!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; I made animated rain!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:51 pm  (#42) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
I made a gate and key! Once you pickup the key the gate goes away. I'm going to have keys for different angled gates later but for now I just have this one! But it works so I'm happy! xD

Image


Erisian wrote:
Cool. You've done a great job!

:tyspin

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; Gate & Key
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:37 pm  (#43) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
I forgot to add a drop shadow........But here are the new gates and keys.

ImageImage

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; Gate & Key
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:12 pm  (#44) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Posts: 4271
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
mokonafan: wow, things are happening in the rose garden! you've worked hard on this. i've always liked picking up keys, look forward to playing this new version :). nice work on the rain too - did you manage to get it top-down?

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; Gate & Key
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:58 pm  (#45) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 25, 2011
Posts: 914
Location: Mount Olive, North Carolina
Looking good :) I'm curious, what audience is the game intended for?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; Gate & Key
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:21 pm  (#46) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
Update - :

I'm going to color these 3 in then make them smaller so the player will turn depending on the direction I'm going.

Image
Image
Image

AnMal wrote:
mokonafan: wow, things are happening in the rose garden! you've worked hard on this. i've always liked picking up keys, look forward to playing this new version :). nice work on the rain too - did you manage to get it top-down?


Top down never happened. :\
It looked really stupid to be honest. xD

:tyspin

merrak wrote:
Looking good :) I'm curious, what audience is the game intended for?

Well it's meant for anyone, but I'm pretty sure girls would be more attracted to it since most guys don't wanna pick pansies in the rain! :rofl

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; Gate & Key
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:58 pm  (#47) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
I made the play-able character change!

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; Playable Character Chan
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:02 pm  (#48) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
I made a video showing the playable character anddd the keys and gates working.

Link

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; Playable Character Chan
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:23 pm  (#49) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
I'm working on a new demo specially made in a new project file, so new rooms and all that.

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; Playable Character Change
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:35 am  (#50) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
A few updates:

1:
I made this opening animation for the game before the menu.
Link Here

2:

I made point transformers!

These transform the point-drainers in to point givers, the rose does the rose point drainer and the pansy the pansy point drainer. - in game they glow.

Image Image

The rose turns from taking 60 points to giving 60 points, and the pansy turns from taking 120 points to giving 120 points.

3:

I made blocks that transform in to broken blocks when you pick up a hammer.

Image + Image = Image

Basically you pick up a hammer and the object changes from a solid block to a crashed image I can "walk" over.

That's about it for nows!

Enjoy! :3

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Last edited by Mokonafan on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; Few Updates!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:07 am  (#51) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8476
Location: On the other side of your screen
cool. I didn't see anything in your links so went to your blog. Looks great so far.

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; Few Updates!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:40 am  (#52) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
sallyanne wrote:
cool. I didn't see anything in your links so went to your blog. Looks great so far.

Odd I don't know why you didn't see anything...O.o
Oh wells!

Here's the full animation I don't remember if I put it on my Factoid Firefly or not. xD


:tyspin :tyspin

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; Few Updates!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:10 pm  (#53) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
New power-up!

If you pick this up, it makes you go twice as fast for a limited time!

Image

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; Speed Power-up
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:50 pm  (#54) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
New "power up" thingy...An Enemy Nullifier! You pick this up and the enemies that move are harmless for a set amount of time! - I'll admit I say this idea in a "sample" in gamemaker a long time ago but I figured out how to do it myself.

Image <--- T stands for transform but I think I might change to an N for nullify.

And here is a video showing some of the new stuff in action!

Link

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; New stuffs and Video!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:38 pm  (#55) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Coming along nicely. Good video - I like sitting back and watching other people play.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; New stuffs and Video!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:43 pm  (#56) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
Erisian wrote:
Coming along nicely. Good video - I like sitting back and watching other people play.

:tyspin :tyspin

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; New stuffs and Video!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:26 pm  (#57) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
I'm working hard to make the demo finished, still trying to work out some bugs that are really out to get me. :lol
Meanwhile, here's some screenshots to keep you all busy. :P

Ignore the little circle things with a ? in them, those are spriteless objects to make music work and stuff.

Points Menu - Kinda like an index
Image

Main Menu - Demo
Image

How To Play Menu - This might change later but for now I'm happy with it. xD
Image

How to Play - Player Movements

Image

Look up top, what's there? *GASP!!!* A New Scoreboarddddddd! :D :D

Image

Level 7:
Image


Enjoy! :3

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; New stuffs and Video!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:38 pm  (#58) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Posts: 4271
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
mokonafan: coming along nicely, sister! i'm looking forward to trying the demo when you have finished it - i want to give those moving enemies something to think of :hehe . it's looking very professional now, the graphics are just lovely.

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; New stuffs and Video!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:00 pm  (#59) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
AnMal wrote:
mokonafan: coming along nicely, sister! i'm looking forward to trying the demo when you have finished it - i want to give those moving enemies something to think of :hehe . it's looking very professional now, the graphics are just lovely.

:lol Atm I'm trying to get this silly game to work! I think the enemies are scared to be shown up by you! :hehe :roll:

The opening videos are corrupting when I export the game................................................................
I'll figure it out eventually.

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Tilly's Rose Garden - WIP - Gamemaker; New stuffs and Video!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:55 pm  (#60) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
I'm just gonna remove 3 of the 4 videos they make the game too big anyway.

Here's a load-screen I made for the game.
LINK

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group