It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:43 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: A Spiny Star Fractal Called Maxiter - video
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:10 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 04, 2015
Posts: 1477
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com


Maxiter is one of the 'termination conditions' that stops a fractal iterating to infinity. I'm testing a script made with the help of Ofnuts and using 1080p video size. 3D fractal done in Mandelbulber2, backgrounds done with Gimp MathMap and compositing with G'MIC and Gimp-GAP.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: A Spiny Star Fractal Called Maxiter - video
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:29 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
Video's pretty cool; pushed it to my Roku and enjoyed it, Tas. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Spiny Star Fractal Called Maxiter - video
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:32 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Beautiful! I am amazed.


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Spiny Star Fractal Called Maxiter - video
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:30 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 08, 2016
Posts: 2881
Location: East Midlands of England
So absorbing - wish I had a projector screen to enjoy it on. Thanks T.

_________________
Image
"Let no one steal your dreams."
Paul Cookson

Custom Font Links
2.10 Tools
Character Paths
White Bases


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Spiny Star Fractal Called Maxiter - video
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:54 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
Very nice. I like how the details improve as you zoom in. Keep this up and I'll be tempted to play with this Mandel Bulber s/w when I have some time...


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Spiny Star Fractal Called Maxiter - video
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:56 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 04, 2015
Posts: 1477
I appreciated the comments here and glad you people enjoyed it.
Interestingly I know of one plan to build a large cluster or render farm to do 3D fractals. Where that leaves the home PC hobbyist in this genre looks obvious...... :otb


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group