It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:46 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: GIMP Inkscape
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:30 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
As I was randomly searching the google play store on my phone, I came across an app called GIMP Inkscape. Sounds interesting but I don't think I'd use it. Has anyone else used it?


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: GIMP Inkscape
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:42 am  (#2) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
mackenzieh wrote:
As I was randomly searching the google play store on my phone, I came across an app called GIMP Inkscape. Sounds interesting but I don't think I'd use it. Has anyone else used it?

It's a poor attempt,
at combining 2 applications into one installer for Android phones.
This does not install one app.
It is a single installer,
which installs Gimp and Inkscape.

It's my opinion,
that both Gimp and Inkscape.
Are not very practical applications to have on a phone.
I would not recommend downloading and installing this app.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: GIMP Inkscape
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:59 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
Wallace wrote:
mackenzieh wrote:
As I was randomly searching the google play store on my phone, I came across an app called GIMP Inkscape. Sounds interesting but I don't think I'd use it. Has anyone else used it?

It's a poor attempt,
at combining 2 applications into one installer for Android phones.
This does not install one app.
It is a single installer,
which installs Gimp and Inkscape.

It's my opinion,
that both Gimp and Inkscape.
Are not very practical applications to have on a phone.
I would not recommend downloading and installing this app.


Especially for a phone app. I was just curious since I was looking through my phone and found apps like that one and photoshop.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GIMP Inkscape
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:09 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 04, 2011
Posts: 2615
It is horrible. It is a Linux (ubuntu) Virtual Machine with Gimp 2.8/Inkscape embedded, running in the android machine. Takes up a lot of space. I had it in an Asus 'transformer'. The Asus died before I figured out how to uninstall it ;)

Image

Quote:
Especially for a phone app. I was just curious since I was looking through my phone and found apps like that one and photoshop.


Needs at least a 10" tablet. There are some less-than-serious graphic apps for android, unfortunately the good ones are not free.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group