It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:55 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 3D Fractal Video - Prospecting For Future Archaeology
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:35 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 04, 2015
Posts: 1477
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com


Figured out how to use primitives in a Mandelbulber animation. They are animated objects inside the animation. I also used Gimp G'MIC, ofnuts export-layers plugin and rendered with Kdenlive.

Attributions.
'Winter Tiptoes' by Globular from 'A Psydub Collection' slightly remixed by me.

Background video
'Akhalkalaki bert.....(городская крепость Ахалкалаки)...DRONE'


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: 3D Fractal Video - Prospecting For Future Archaeology
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:41 am  (#2) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8474
Location: On the other side of your screen
Not bad at all Tas.
I watched a friend's fractal movie once where they went inside the fractal and it was like a never ending pattern inside.

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: 3D Fractal Video - Prospecting For Future Archaeology
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:58 am  (#3) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Image

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: 3D Fractal Video - Prospecting For Future Archaeology
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:49 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Love those Mandelboxes! Haven't played with Mandelbulb3D for a long time. Thanks for the inspiration.


Top
 Post subject: Re: 3D Fractal Video - Prospecting For Future Archaeology
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:38 am  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
Saw your video at work a few days ago but forgot to reply, Tas. Fantastic result again. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: 3D Fractal Video - Prospecting For Future Archaeology
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:02 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 04, 2015
Posts: 1477
Thanks Sallyann, Wallace, Erisian and Lyle for commenting on this vid.

For anyone interested, the sphere and cube shapes that interact with the fractal are done with a spreadsheet. There is a 'virtual camera' and a spreadsheet is used to place the coordinates of the object one keyframe ahead of the camera coordinates. Then the camera 'chases' the object through the fractal.

This was my first attempt at this method and I like the way I was not really controlling the object (called a primitive). :mrgreen:


Top
 Post subject: Re: 3D Fractal Video - Prospecting For Future Archaeology
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:08 am  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 09, 2018
Posts: 1888
Location: France
Tas_mania
I went to see your other videos and I liked "Freaky forest" that I saw as a forest at first and then under a speleological angle of a plasticized underground world and my favorite "Maxiter" who turned me into a bird of an amazing world. :)

_________________
Les parfums, les couleurs et les sons se répondent.Baudelaire (Les fleurs du mal)
2.10.36/(Samj) Gimp 2.10.38 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bits


Top
 Post subject: Re: 3D Fractal Video - Prospecting For Future Archaeology
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:54 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 04, 2015
Posts: 1477
Quote:
I went to see your other videos and I liked "Freaky forest" that I saw as a forest at first and then under a speleological angle of a plasticized underground world and my favorite "Maxiter" who turned me into a bird of an amazing world. :)


I'm happy you like these vids level_0
They take a lot of time to render but the software is improving. There is a facebook group which I don't use cause I don't want an account.

Fractal Forums is also a good place for anyone interested in these universes.

Time to let this slip off the page.....


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group