It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 8:32 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Archviz try-out
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:21 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Posts: 2089
Location: US
OK, models (chair with ottoman, painting, floor lamp and vase) are the courtesy of Andrew Price in his The Architecture Academy starter kit.
Everything else is mine :mrgreen: (Oh well... modeling is the easiest part, all the hard work is at my expense ;) ) Just kidding!

Kind of got into architectural visualization, I have two very interesting archviz WIPs I got tired of and today was kind of quiet, lazy day.
So I decided to take a break and rendered this piece - 100% Blender, 180 passes in Cycles.

Image


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Archviz try-out
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:16 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Feb 14, 2013
Posts: 462
Location: Stockholm
Yes, I got this new tutorials from Andrew Price yesterday. I think this vill be the missing peaces.
Right now I struggle with the nodes and the reflections on the floor.

Image

Same problem with this candle.

Image

_________________
Late 2017 iMac Retina 4K 21,5 inch Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.4
3,6 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB Ram 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphic card Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB
Affinity Photo and Affinity Designers.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Archviz try-out
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:03 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Posts: 2089
Location: US
Lurifax, i didn't do the tutorial, i just used his models in my scene, so i have no idea what
might have gone wrong with your reflections. Usually you add glossy shader in the node editor.
But it could be a specular map you're missing. I can take a look at the tut but without your blend
file my guess is as good as anybody's else.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Archviz try-out
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:59 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Feb 14, 2013
Posts: 462
Location: Stockholm
Thank you Kit1, I appreciate your help very much.
Sometimes PasteAll dont let me upload my blend file. To big file I think.
Image

Tutorial say: Add Mix Shader - 1 Glossy then I got lost.

Image

_________________
Late 2017 iMac Retina 4K 21,5 inch Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.4
3,6 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB Ram 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphic card Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB
Affinity Photo and Affinity Designers.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Archviz try-out
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:09 am  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 09, 2011
Posts: 726
Very good render! I like the lamp. I have to learn to do that kind of symmetrical holes.

I love Andrew Price tutorials. There is no doubt that he is the blender guru.

_________________
Image
Be patient, English is not my language.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Archviz try-out
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:48 am  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 02, 2013
Posts: 2090
Nice work.

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group