It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:42 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Tutorial - cheap nibs for your gfx tablet
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:52 pm  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 27, 2010
Posts: 1510
Location: Sweden
molly wrote:
BTW, do you think it will make it so I can paint better :teeth

Of course! Everyone knows art is all in the tablet surface. ;)
.
Griatch

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: Tutorial - cheap nibs for your gfx tablet
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:54 pm  (#22) 
Offline
Script Coder

Joined: Apr 10, 2011
Posts: 532
Felt nibs are the best IMO. They provide sufficient friction, while causing very little wear on both the tablet and the nib itself. The standard hard plastic nibs (black ones on the intuos) to me seem too slippery, it's harder to draw steady lines with them.

Sadly, I haven't yet heard of any method to DIY felt nibs...


Top
 Post subject: Re: Tutorial - cheap nibs for your gfx tablet
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:58 pm  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I have never heard of the felt nibs. The do sound like they would do a great job. I have trouble getting straight lines like small branches etc without slipping and sliding. Where did you see them DD?

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Tutorial - cheap nibs for your gfx tablet
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:27 pm  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 27, 2010
Posts: 1510
Location: Sweden
Intuos3/4 come with at least one felt nib and one spring-loaded "brush" nib. I've never used either much but I would think a paper surface gives a similar feel as a felt nib. The "bending over the edge" example given in the tutorial is "sort-of" similar to the brush nib in style.
.
Griatch

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: Tutorial - cheap nibs for your gfx tablet
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:56 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Thank you guys. I will just have to see what suits me best. I will go and check out the plastic stuff for sure.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Tutorial - cheap nibs for your gfx tablet
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:57 pm  (#26) 
Offline
Script Coder

Joined: Apr 10, 2011
Posts: 532
molly wrote:
I have never heard of the felt nibs. The do sound like they would do a great job. I have trouble getting straight lines like small branches etc without slipping and sliding. Where did you see them DD?


They're available in the wacom store, I've no idea if they work for other tablets than intuos (bamboo and such) though.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Tutorial - cheap nibs for your gfx tablet
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:59 pm  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
:pengy I just checked them all out in Google and there are tons of different sites with them. Google is my second best friend. :pengy

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Tutorial - cheap nibs for your gfx tablet
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:13 pm  (#28) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 07, 2011
Posts: 102
You absolutely do have to tape the paper down. I cut it to the size of the active surface and then use small pieces of tape on the corners to keep it in place. And besides the initial paper set up, I have not had to replace it yet. Maybe it's because I don't use my tablet a whole lot or because I keep a light hand when using the pen, but I haven't had any issues with the paper tearing or needing to be replaced yet.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group