It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 7:02 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Owl photomanipulation tuts
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:48 pm  (#21) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Fullback66 wrote:
Would you have any idea what he set the cubism G'MIC settings to?

I did translate it to English.

Thanks for to info on the modes. that is a big help.

I would need to play with the setting,
but I guess you can do the same just as well as I can.
It does mention in the tutorial that you should "play" with the setting.
I also didn't notice any settings in the tutorial for this G'MIC effect.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Owl photomanipulation tuts
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:37 pm  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 02, 2013
Posts: 73
I could give it a shot.
I have to admit. You guys are the pros. I learn from you guys. I often wonder how in the world you figured the things you do.

You guys are the best!

I am learning a lot from your work. Just not good and the small details.

FB66


Top
 Post subject: Re: Owl photomanipulation tuts
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:18 pm  (#23) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Fullback66 wrote:
I could give it a shot.
I have to admit.
You guys are the pros.
I learn from you guys.
I often wonder how in the world you figured the things you do.

You guys are the best!

I am learning a lot from your work.
Just not good and the small details.

FB66

This is what I came up with following the tutorial.
I must say,
it wasn't easy.
Give the awfully poor translation of the tut into English.
Image
I'm posting the XCF file,
if anyone would like to examine it.
Attachment:
owl.xcf [6.24 MiB]
Downloaded 316 times

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Owl photomanipulation tuts
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:28 am  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you Wallace, I'll study it to know how to get it. :tyspin

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Owl photomanipulation tuts
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:48 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 02, 2013
Posts: 73
Wow!
I will have to give it a try. Thank you.
I will have to mess with the setting.

FB66


Top
 Post subject: Re: Owl photomanipulation tuts
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:25 pm  (#26) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Fullback66 wrote:
Wow!
I will have to give it a try. Thank you.
I will have to mess with the setting.

FB66

Yeah, give it a go. :bigthup
What I did isn't perfect by any means,
but it pretty close.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Owl photomanipulation tuts
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:32 am  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Wallace I did my best but the result is quite far from yours. I have not been able to make the halo or a translucent contour. I haven't seen any tut to do it, only I tried to make your images from your xcf file. :(


Attachments:
bald-eagle-photomanipulation.JPG
bald-eagle-photomanipulation.JPG [ 801.89 KiB | Viewed 4326 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Owl photomanipulation tuts
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:43 pm  (#28) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Issabella wrote:
Wallace I did my best but the result is quite far from yours.
I have not been able to make the halo or a translucent contour.
I haven't seen any tut to do it,
only I tried to make your images from your xcf file. :(

The "halo" is made using a layer mask, during the first few steps.
The tutorial isn't easy to follow, but I feel you did very well regardless Issabella.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Owl photomanipulation tuts
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:48 am  (#29) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you so much Wallace, I'll try it again. :) :tyspin

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Owl photomanipulation tuts
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:14 pm  (#30) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 02, 2013
Posts: 73
Wallace,
Why do you not have a layer mask the to instructions. I tried to do it your way without success.
I will give it another try.
I do like yours. How can we make the middle divide line not so sharp?
FB66


Top
 Post subject: Re: Owl photomanipulation tuts
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:50 pm  (#31) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Fullback66 wrote:
Wallace,
Why do you not have a layer mask the to instructions. I tried to do it your way without success.
I will give it another try.
I do like yours. How can we make the middle divide line not so sharp?
FB66

I did use layer masks, but I applied them to the layers.
I didn't think about how to make the dividing line less apparent.
That could also be done when the layer mask is first added to both color layers.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Owl photomanipulation tuts
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:37 pm  (#32) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 02, 2014
Posts: 57
Hi everyone,
i translated this tutorial to semplify your work :) i hope you like this new version :)

Link --> http://www.asganafer.it/en/owl-2/

Asganafer


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group