It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 2:37 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Let's Draw Anime Using GimP!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:10 pm  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Fantastic and wonderful result, but you can't teach me how to draw so I can only appreciate the result that you achieved and I do. Filter guy I'm cursed to be. Figure out how to automate this, then you would make me a happy camper. lolol

:)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Let's Draw Anime Using GimP!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:58 pm  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Feb 16, 2013
Posts: 74
Zeo wrote:
abraess wrote:
Hallo Zeo, I wish could sketch from making a Lineart out far way. Ok I try but lines look not so good.
Andrew

Let's see... Most people said that Paint Tool SAI is good for make lineart because it has line smoothing feature, but I am not used with this software, and it's not free, too... :oops:
Alternatively, you can always doing lineart traditionally by pen and paper... :ninja


Really love your art Zeo I'm glad to see some quality anime art turned out with GIMP
thanks for sharing.
lol honestly people put to much stock in the art program they use (paint tool sai, manga studio etc.).

GIMP 2.8 has smoothing feature as well for strokes as well and line weight, if you have a steady fluid hand like yours though :) not much smoothing is needed.
Besides lol to much smoothing can ruin flow.(of course if you hate free handing there's always path tool along with smooth path plug-in emulate stroke.)

Recently I have been using gimp-painter 2.8 because of texture painting (create screentones for manga that can be brushed on you'll have to invert the color of texture though for them to work properly.)

Best of all is the rotating canvas (helps with hard to reach strokes hand has a natural arc it likes to follow.) mirror mode and easy access to paint dynamics.

As far as free programs KRITA http://krita.org/ is also not bad it seems to work with windows okay now. lots of features once you get used to it . lol I still like GIMP though since I comfortable with it like an old friend, plus its so versitile.
Your art rocks! :paint


Top
 Post subject: Re: Let's Draw Anime Using GimP!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:12 pm  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 29, 2013
Posts: 203
Mokonafan wrote:
If you go the pen and paper route, if you have a scanner use the black and white setting in the program you use to scan not grey-scale.

abraess wrote:
Zeo wrote:
Alternatively, you can always doing lineart traditionally by pen and paper... :ninja

Hallo Zeo, I do, I have only scanner no graphic tablet. My Inking in Gimp look not so smooth. :)
Andrew


I remember after scan in black and white mode I am used to auto-trace it using Inkscape, so I can get lineart in .SVG format. Not sure what is that for, but it sounds cool... :ninja
... actually the auto-traced .SVG lineart seems become smoother a little, but I'm not sure... :(
... and I don't know any artist except me using that method... :oops:

lylejk wrote:
Fantastic and wonderful result, but you can't teach me how to draw so I can only appreciate the result that you achieved and I do. Filter guy I'm cursed to be. Figure out how to automate this, then you would make me a happy camper. lolol

:)

I think that's possible via 3d model, but I am not an expert to talk about that... :hehe
But Japanese are capable of making such of a thing, this is a screenshoot from a game I made fanart from... :ninja
Image

_________________
~


Top
 Post subject: Re: Let's Draw Anime Using GimP!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:30 pm  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 29, 2013
Posts: 203
Heroik wrote:
Zeo wrote:
abraess wrote:
Hallo Zeo, I wish could sketch from making a Lineart out far way. Ok I try but lines look not so good.
Andrew

Let's see... Most people said that Paint Tool SAI is good for make lineart because it has line smoothing feature, but I am not used with this software, and it's not free, too... :oops:
Alternatively, you can always doing lineart traditionally by pen and paper... :ninja


Really love your art Zeo I'm glad to see some quality anime art turned out with GIMP
thanks for sharing.
lol honestly people put to much stock in the art program they use (paint tool sai, manga studio etc.).

GIMP 2.8 has smoothing feature as well for strokes as well and line weight, if you have a steady fluid hand like yours though :) not much smoothing is needed.
Besides lol to much smoothing can ruin flow.(of course if you hate free handing there's always path tool along with smooth path plug-in emulate stroke.)

Recently I have been using gimp-painter 2.8 because of texture painting (create screentones for manga that can be brushed on you'll have to invert the color of texture though for them to work properly.)

Best of all is the rotating canvas (helps with hard to reach strokes hand has a natural arc it likes to follow.) mirror mode and easy access to paint dynamics.

As far as free programs KRITA http://krita.org/ is also not bad it seems to work with windows okay now. lots of features once you get used to it . lol I still like GIMP though since I comfortable with it like an old friend, plus its so versitile.
Your art rocks! :paint

Oh it seems you are proficient with this topic :)
Personally, I think line smoothing is annoying... so I choose not to use it at all... :hehe
But, making tutorial is mean to make other people life's easier, and using line smoothing is easier than not, so I recommend using it... :hehe

I am using path for make full circle or something like... line, and recently heard about that smooth path plugin, may come handy next time...
Errr... Gimpainter 2.8 seems not working in my PC, so I don't really know... :(
And Krita sure is good, but again, my PC couldn't handle Krita specification... :hehe

_________________
~


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group