It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 1:42 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Littles Fishies In A Pond - Animation
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:10 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
More Tilly's Rose Garden stuff, this will be a "beautifying" object. Make the scenery more interesting.
Never really draw fish and I'm not much of an animator though I do like it...so if it looks terrible you can be honest! xD

Image


Here's a screenshot of what it might look like in game (minus animation).
There's not a shadow in the animated gif because it's a tile I added in the room constructor (in case I wanted to change the direction I wouldn't have overly big sprite files just a small tile file used to change the shadow)...so yeah. It might have looked better with a shadow in the gif though. :\

Image


Enjoy!



~ God Bless ~

~ Moko

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Littles Fishies In A Pond - Animation
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:17 pm  (#2) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
When you said "Little", you weren't kidding. ;) I think it's very cute looking.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Littles Fishies In A Pond - Animation
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:30 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 25, 2011
Posts: 914
Location: Mount Olive, North Carolina
I like it! It's a nice touch, although the water doesn't look murky enough to hide the fish once it goes deeper.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Littles Fishies In A Pond - Animation
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:13 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Posts: 4271
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
moko: it's very cute! i like how you used simple geometric shapes to give the water life - at in-game size it looks like it's working great, and it looks very decorative even in full scale.

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: Littles Fishies In A Pond - Animation
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:44 am  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Koi appear happy Moko. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Littles Fishies In A Pond - Animation
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:53 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
Thanks for all the comments! :D

@AnMal: The "Shapes" are from me using the mosaic filter, makes the pond look more like tiles, imo. :3


@ Merrak: Yes well, though murky would be more ideal in my fantasy world beauty wins over reality! :lol



:tyspin :tyspin

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group