It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:30 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: First ever Inkscape attempt
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:30 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
Doncha just love youtube tutorials!


Attachments:
my8ball.png
my8ball.png [ 45.33 KiB | Viewed 4314 times ]
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: First ever Inkscape attempt
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:06 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 04, 2011
Posts: 2615
Isn't it wonderful when you get something working for the first time.

Nostalgia sets in....
In the late 80's I had an amstrad pc, green screen, running dos 3.3, an 8 MHz (not a typo) CPU and of course no maths chip.

Then it was POV-ray to make your first billiard ball, literally took hours to render a simple sphere. Common beginners mistake was to forget to include a light source and many hours later you would have a totally black image. Good fun.


Top
 Post subject: Re: First ever Inkscape attempt
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:04 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
LOL and I know for sure that this is nowhere near perfect but its the first time I've ever used Inkscape so I'm proud of it LOL...thanks rich


Top
 Post subject: Re: First ever Inkscape attempt
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:35 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2011
Posts: 1850
Location: Michigan
Wow very nice Akky!

_________________
Image
I'm back I think


Top
 Post subject: Re: First ever Inkscape attempt
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:50 am  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
LOL for a first time use of Inkscape its ok thank you ..I was pleased with the outcome...LOL :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: First ever Inkscape attempt
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:57 am  (#6) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
Good job akky!
Vector is great fun to work with, and Inkscape makes it so easy. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: First ever Inkscape attempt
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:56 am  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jun 01, 2011
Posts: 13
Good job akky :) Very cool!


Top
 Post subject: Re: First ever Inkscape attempt
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:02 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
very nice...makes me want to get into inkscape, too...if only I had the time.


Top
 Post subject: Re: First ever Inkscape attempt
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:20 am  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
You did better on your first try than I did. you got that from a tutor4u tut, he's really good. the only problem is his mistake, not yours. The 8 ball is always black but you did wonderfully. I hope you find Inkscape as much fun as I do.

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group