It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:13 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: file extensions
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:26 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
Is there a way to get an rtf file to open up in gimp? A friend drew a logo in word, and sent it to me to see if I can clean it up in gimp. I can't figure out out to get it from rtf to png...when I just changed the extension, it became corrupt. I have not found a way to get gimp to open it up as an rtf file, or even be able to find it.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: file extensions
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:33 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
When you open the rich text format in word, have you tried to save just the logo as png and not the text?

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: file extensions
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:04 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
yes, I have tried save as png but it adds to it, so I erased the added part and saved, but that corrupts it. I know very little about Word, so I am kind of lost!


Top
 Post subject: Re: file extensions
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:15 pm  (#4) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
I used to save Word documents with images in them as html files. It would make a folder with the image files in it. You might try that. Open it in Word, save as, it's either htm or html - you can scroll the list of things you can save Word docs as.


Or better yet, can't you get your friend to just send you the image file?

If not, can you attach the rtf file?

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: file extensions
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:10 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
woot, html file did the trick...there is a jpg in the folder, thanks! Now for the hard part...it's hand drawn and I will have to 'trace' over it on layers with paths, oval select, lines etc. I want to try and make it more vectorish...I really should get inkscape and learn to use it.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group