As I clicked submit, MaxSt also posted!
mahvin wrote:
Well, I'm uncertain of the command line syntax, since I am using terminal in Ubuntu 10.04.
For windows it has gif2apng.exe anim.gif [anim.png] My binary doesn't have the .exe, so I ran it without the exe and this is the result:
No command 'gif2apng' found, did you mean:
Command 'gif2png' from package 'gif2png' (universe)
gif2apng: command not found
@mahvin, try this:
1) right-click gif2apng. On shortcut menu, select Properties. On Permissions tab, set as executable.
2) (with test.gif and gif2apng in same directory, as I did for my test run) use this as your command line:
The <period><slash> tells Linux that the program is in the current directory.
To test I downloaded your gif of the candle, wine bottle, and glass. Keeping in mind that I do believe my png library is still borked, I ran your gif through the conversion program then opened the output in Gimp to see the layers. The layer names as I got them:
Frame 12 (180ms)(replace)
Frame 11 (180ms)(combine)(!)
Frame 10 (180ms)(combine)
Frame 9 (180ms)(combine)(!)
Frame 8 (150ms)(replace)
Frame 7 (150ms)(combine)(!)
Frame 6 (150ms)(combine)
Frame 5 (150ms)(combine)(!)
Frame 4 (130ms)(replace)
Frame 3 (130ms)(combine)(!)
Frame 2 (130ms)(combine)
Background (130ms)(combine)
Because of my bad png library, I got a questionable output, with transparent objects on the tabletop. I was able to see the animation in Gimp Filters>Animation>Playback, but trying to view the output in Firefox mad the whole apng flicker off and on. So since you have a good png library, try my steps above.