It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2026 3:22 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: How do I get rid of this .active
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:19 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Why does this .active file keep appearing in my brushes storage folder, Every time I delete it, it comes back and it is annoying. When that file is there, my brush sets won't work, when I remove it, they are fine.

_________________
Image


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: How do I get rid of this .active
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:41 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 18, 2011
Posts: 283
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
molly wrote:
Why does this .active file keep appearing in my brushes storage folder, Every time I delete it, it comes back and it is annoying. When that file is there, my brush sets won't work, when I remove it, they are fine.


I also have that file, I think it's because I have a MrQ add-on manager / AddonCollectionManager.

It may be the same case with you Molly.


Top
 Post subject: Re: How do I get rid of this .active
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:51 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I do have the addon manager but it won't work when that .active file is there, I get rid of it every day and it comes back.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: How do I get rid of this .active
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:58 am  (#4) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
It's the file used by my addonManager to keep track of the sets you have activated. Since its name starts with a dot, it should not be visible by default to Linux & OSX users.

Erasing files when you don't know their purpose is generally a bad idea. But you can often edit the file to look at its contents to figure that out.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: How do I get rid of this .active
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:00 am  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Thanks ofnuts, I remember a while back I had the same problem and you said to delete that file. Anyway, I will see if I can figure it out.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: How do I get rid of this .active
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:03 am  (#6) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
molly wrote:
I do have the addon manager but it won't work when that .active file is there, I get rid of it every day and it comes back.


It should. You have likely ended up with a desynchronization between your activated files and the .active file contents. Remove the .active and at the same time remove the activated files/directories/links from the active directory: compare the contents of the active and storage directories, those that are in both can be removed from the active directory.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: How do I get rid of this .active
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:07 am  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
ok if I can understand this, I will try it. I look in the brushes folder,which are the active ones and then look in the brushes storage folder to see if they are also there, if they are, I remove them from the brushes folder.... Is that correct?

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: How do I get rid of this .active
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:12 pm  (#8) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
molly wrote:
ok if I can understand this, I will try it. I look in the brushes folder,which are the active ones and then look in the brushes storage folder to see if they are also there, if they are, I remove them from the brushes folder.... Is that correct?


Yes.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: How do I get rid of this .active
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:01 pm  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
working fine now, thank you ofnuts.

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group