It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2026 1:10 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Gimp tutorial on how to create a wood texture
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:40 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Feb 06, 2011
Posts: 342
Happy Holidays everyone! :)

I have not been on here a whole lot, but I do check in to see what new things everyone comes up with. :D

Anyways, I have a question or two. Has anyone done tutorial on how to make a wood texture? I looked, but did not dredge one up from the depths in a search. I learned to make a wood texture from scratch today. I actually used a PS tutorial, did it in PS CS2, and it took me forever to do. I decided to try out my new learned technique in Gimp. I did it in about a 1/4 of the time. Ha!

If no one else has done one, I would like to. My contribution to our tutorial list for learning so much from everyone else here. :)

Liana


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp tutorial on how to create a wood texture
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:46 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Feb 06, 2011
Posts: 342
Actually, here is my sample wood texture I made today. Anyways, I guess I won't do one now. lol Yours is a good tutorial though. Wonder why it did not come up in my search? Hmmm.... Oh well.

Thanks for your input. :)

Liana


Attachments:
wood2.jpg
wood2.jpg [ 15.09 KiB | Viewed 5840 times ]
Top
 Post subject: Re: Gimp tutorial on how to create a wood texture
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:42 am  (#3) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
Create a new layer filled with a brown color.
Use RGB noise to add some noise to the layer.
Now use wind to create some lines/grain out of the noise.
Using IWARP create some knots.
colorize to your satisfaction.

Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group