It is currently Sun Oct 11, 2026 9:26 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:02 pm  (#1) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8480
Location: On the other side of your screen
Image

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.6 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:08 pm  (#2) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14237
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
sallyanne wrote:
[ Image ]

It's only the 23rd here in the States, but same to you and yours Sallyanne.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:35 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Merry Christmas to all.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:04 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14208
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you Sallyanne, best wishes for you and family. :)

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:14 am  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 26, 2014
Posts: 3825
Location: belgium
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:38 am  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
marána thá

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:54 am  (#7) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8480
Location: On the other side of your screen
Wallace wrote:
sallyanne wrote:
[ Image ]

It's only the 23rd here in the States, but same to you and yours Sallyanne.

Less than 3 hours to the 25th here ;)

@ gimper and he's on his way!

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.6 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:23 am  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Happy Christmas, SallyAnne, for you māran ’athā’

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:21 pm  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 31, 2015
Posts: 146
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:25 am  (#10) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
Merry Christmas all! My family wishes you all a safe and blessed holiday season. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:34 pm  (#11) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14237
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Rod wrote:
Merry Christmas all! My family wishes you all a safe and blessed holiday season. :)

Image

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:51 pm  (#12) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Could have sworn that I've already commented at this thread. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you Sallyanne and to all here at GIMPChat. Just got back home from my sister's house in Huntsville; man, talk about deluges of rain; it would make even Niagara envious. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:15 pm  (#13) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
I got quite a surprise on Xmas Eve...hubby got me a Canon Rebel T5. Now I am going to need help learning how to use it, EEK!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:03 pm  (#14) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
2-ton wrote:
I got quite a surprise on Xmas Eve...hubby got me a Canon Rebel T5. Now I am going to need help learning how to use it, EEK!
Nice gift 2-ton. :bigthup
There is ton's of info around for your type of camera. For starters get UFRaw for Gimp. There are other RAW programs but UFRaw is a handy plug-in and a good start. Also check, Subject: Raw software

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:21 am  (#15) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
2-ton wrote:
I got quite a surprise on Xmas Eve...hubby got me a Canon Rebel T5. Now I am going to need help learning how to use it, EEK!

Congrats! I got my wife ankle moccasins and guess what she got me...moccasin slippers! :lol


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:30 pm  (#16) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14237
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
My sister gave me a $200 gift card.
Image
So I'm getting myself a new EVGA, Full Modular, 650W Power Supply for my computer.
With this new power supply installed,
I'll be able to upgrade my video card to something more substantial than what I'm running now.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:19 pm  (#17) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
I am not even sure what raw is. Right now I have the settings to automatic everything, so it's like a fancy point and shoot. I will try to learn how to do some of the other settings from tutorials. I still have to learn how to download the pics into my computer, which brings another problem up...storage. My disk doesn't have a whole lot of room left. Seems like I might need an external drive, then tripod, then lenses, oh, my. Can of worms!!!!!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:40 pm  (#18) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8480
Location: On the other side of your screen
2-ton wrote:
I am not even sure what raw is. Right now I have the settings to automatic everything, so it's like a fancy point and shoot. I will try to learn how to do some of the other settings from tutorials. I still have to learn how to download the pics into my computer, which brings another problem up...storage. My disk doesn't have a whole lot of room left. Seems like I might need an external drive, then tripod, then lenses, oh, my. Can of worms!!!!!

With your photos, you don't have to download your photos to your computer. You can put them straight from your camera onto the net (photo sharing places usually keep your photos in the correct/original resolution. [You can join many for free]) Then just download them on to your computer as you need. If you will be taking lots of photos an external drive may be the way to go then if you want to keep them on you at all times.

A camera raw image file contains minimally processed data from the image sensor of either a digital camera, image scanner, or motion picture film scanner.[1][2] Raw files are named so because they are not yet processed and therefore are not ready to be printed or edited with a bitmap graphics editor. Normally, the image is processed by a raw converter in a wide-gamut internal colorspace where precise adjustments can be made before conversion to a "positive" file format such as TIFF or JPEG for storage, printing, or further manipulation, which often encodes the image in a device-dependent colorspace. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of raw formats in use by different models of digital equipment (like cameras or film scanners).[3]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_image_format

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.6 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:58 pm  (#19) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
2-ton wrote:
I am not even sure what raw is. Right now I have the settings to automatic everything, so it's like a fancy point and shoot. I will try to learn how to do some of the other settings from tutorials. I still have to learn how to download the pics into my computer, which brings another problem up...storage. My disk doesn't have a whole lot of room left. Seems like I might need an external drive, then tripod, then lenses, oh, my. Can of worms!!!!!
If you're only going to be taking basic snapshots with your new camera, you don't need to think about RAW. If you want to use it's full capability this RAW file format tutorial is a nice overview of RAW. RAW is useful in post-production.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:13 pm  (#20) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
I think I will stick with jpg for a while, until I learn how to use more settings on the camera. Once I am pretty comfortable with different settings, then I will try my hand at taking raw format pictures and learn more about post production.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group