It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 7:17 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Multi picture/page layout
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:32 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 07, 2010
Posts: 439
Location: home/Nixnine/.gimp-2.0/scripts/nixnine.scm
Attachment:
multi image.png
multi image.png [ 433.83 KiB | Viewed 4825 times ]
I am comparing multiple versions of the same design I am doing and am of the opinion that it would be rather convenient to have a gimp layout with multiple images/pages laid out in the window.

Is this a possibility?

_________________
I refuse to be confused, but am often confused at this refusal.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Multi picture/page layout
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:28 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 04, 2011
Posts: 2617
Maybe a temporary use of g'mic montage.

This a stack of 4 variations.

Image

This the g'mic montage filter - custom mode - all layers - new image edit: Well maybe the auto works, don't know how I got that screenshot ;)

Image

Gives this:

Image

Some g'mic custom variations

2x2 V(H(0,1),H(2,3))

2X3 V(V(H(0,1),H(2,3))),H(4,5))

3 wide x 2 deep H(H((V(0,1),V(2,3))),V(4,5))


Top
 Post subject: Re: Multi picture/page layout
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:51 pm  (#3) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
nixnine wrote:
Attachment:
multi image.png
I am comparing multiple versions of the same design I am doing and am of the opinion that it would be rather convenient to have a gimp layout with multiple images/pages laid out in the window.

Is this a possibility?

Yes, just uncheck Windows>Single window mode.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Multi picture/page layout
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:39 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 07, 2010
Posts: 439
Location: home/Nixnine/.gimp-2.0/scripts/nixnine.scm
Well, unchecking the single window mode just separates everything. I was imagining a couple images -- each still editable -- simultaneously in the main window instead of having to shift between images/windows.

Oh well.

Thanks anyway.

_________________
I refuse to be confused, but am often confused at this refusal.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Multi picture/page layout
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:05 am  (#5) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
nixnine wrote:
Well, unchecking the single window mode just separates everything. I was imagining a couple images -- each still editable -- simultaneously in the main window instead of having to shift between images/windows.

Oh well.

Thanks anyway.


You would end up with two windows anyway... Sooner or later you'll want the name of the image (so, a titlebar...), the scales, the status area (zoom level, pointer position), the quickmask button, maybe a different view filter, and a way to tell Gimp which one you are looking at (to show layers in the Layers list, for instance). So we would be talking about windows within windows... which was a fashionable UI feature until the mid-90s.

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group