It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:14 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Curve Bend tool called from python giving error not very consistent.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:19 pm  (#1) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: May 07, 2014
Posts: 4561
Location: Canada
I wrote a plug-in for a client that was originally supposed to use Curve bend tool with upper and lower curve.
But once I got it working, it would work the 1st time when I call it when opened with new GIMP.
Everytime after that it would either error saying some weird thing about gimp_resize something which isn't called by me. Other times it would error saying something else always complaining about curve_bend.exe.
So I gave up because the error was too inconsistent.

Does anyone know what's up with that?

Anyways I came up with my own solution by pixel mapping my own bending based on top curve and bottom curve which are paths that can be wider/narrower relative to each other. At first I used vertical lines mapping and used scaling to scale it to the right length and rotate it so that they all work together to be like mapping a surface. But this was really slow. So at the end, I ended up mapping pixel by pixel and using fast pixel operation and it was super fast. so I am happy with that and this is even better than curve bend because curve bend only do top and bottom curves of the same x-coords. And the client was happy with that.

But yeah my point of this post was just to ask WHAT is up with curve bend tool?

_________________
Image
Visualize your and others dreams coming true.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group