It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:33 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:27 am  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 02, 2013
Posts: 2090
wbool63 wrote:

Warrior , is that an attempt at tilt shift photography? I am not sure that the photo lends itself well to that purpose . Perhaps, a centered focus with a vignetted blur would be better. Just my opinion though!

No, it really isn't the best photo for that effect. Here's a few I've done that were better suited:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:41 am  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
The warrior, I love your transformations. Beautiful views (except the traffic one :) ) :clap
I wanted to try something in Black and White.


Attachments:
torre-del-pilar.jpg
torre-del-pilar.jpg [ 941.58 KiB | Viewed 4161 times ]
torre-del-pilar-dynamicRange.jpg
torre-del-pilar-dynamicRange.jpg [ 992.82 KiB | Viewed 4161 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:48 am  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 10, 2013
Posts: 863
Bravo Issabella!
Bela cambio! Me gusta muy tu edicion :)
Un contraste muy hermoso! :bigthup

_________________
bbbbbbbbbbbImage
bbbbbbbbbbb Be patient, English is not my language.


Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:19 am  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
@The Warrior
good use of tilt shifting technique! I like in the order the third one and the first one.
But pls tell me: it's just the setup of the computer I'm using here (I'm in vacation), or do you really like so EXTREMELY strong colours?
I thought to be one who likes well coloured images, but you surpasses me two times as much!!!

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:35 am  (#25) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2010
Posts: 1171
Location: Here and there
dinasset wrote:
@The Warrior
good use of tilt shifting technique! I like in the order the third one and the first one.
But pls tell me: it's just the setup of the computer I'm using here (I'm in vacation), or do you really like so EXTREMELY strong colours?
I thought to be one who likes well coloured images, but you surpasses me two times as much!!!


The point of the technique is to make the subject look like toys and toys are frequently bright colours, so what Warrior has done so successfully is partly due to the strong colours.

Kevin


Last edited by paynekj on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:39 am  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Understand, Kevin, thanks!

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:57 am  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you Akros for your nice words to my try. That encourages me to follow as I'm learning from you all who have so much experience. :tyspin

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:41 pm  (#28) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 02, 2013
Posts: 2090
paynekj wrote:
dinasset wrote:
@The Warrior
good use of tilt shifting technique! I like in the order the third one and the first one.
But pls tell me: it's just the setup of the computer I'm using here (I'm in vacation), or do you really like so EXTREMELY strong colours?
I thought to be one who likes well coloured images, but you surpasses me two times as much!!!


The point of the technique is to make the subject look like toys and toys are frequently bright colours, so what Warrior has done so successfully is partly due to the strong colours.

Kevin

This. Exactly this. :bigthup

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:02 pm  (#29) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8475
Location: On the other side of your screen
I had a go at your black and white one Issabella.
Most of the same presets as before except saturation excetera. I ran freaky details and texture enhance on this one as well.
Image

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:59 pm  (#30) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Sallyanne, your outcome is very good. I like it as the sky is much more definite. :clap :bigthup
I'm trying to improve the B&W ones but I'll put them in the right place (sharing outcomes- Black&White). I made a mistake putting it in this topic. :oops:

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:59 pm  (#31) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8475
Location: On the other side of your screen
It is still a cityscape. So I think it fits but if you feel the need to start another one for BW , I guess do!

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:44 am  (#32) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
The view in colour. I've applied unsharp mask and filters in G'MIC. I'm always trying new ones.


Attachments:
viewfromthetower-original.jpg
viewfromthetower-original.jpg [ 1.05 MiB | Viewed 4219 times ]
view from the tower.jpg
view from the tower.jpg [ 1.26 MiB | Viewed 4219 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:45 pm  (#33) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
This photo is treated with a Dinasset's method which I liked a lot. Firstly I applied some of retinex and removed blue tone. Then applied Max. RGB.


Attachments:
Paisajeurbano-original.jpg
Paisajeurbano-original.jpg [ 739.4 KiB | Viewed 4190 times ]
Paisajeurbano-MaxRGB.jpg
Paisajeurbano-MaxRGB.jpg [ 1004.25 KiB | Viewed 4190 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:52 pm  (#34) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Beautiful shades and contrast

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:50 pm  (#35) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Very interesting outcome, Issabella!
But - as we say in Italy - if you talk about the devil, the devil comes out!
So here is the devil's manipulation (added some gradient)

Attachment:
Paisajeurbano-MaxRGB-gradDN.jpg
Paisajeurbano-MaxRGB-gradDN.jpg [ 997.65 KiB | Viewed 4176 times ]


it looks strange, isn't it? but somehow fascinating....

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:45 am  (#36) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you Molly. I learn so much here in the forum. :)

Dinasset, Wow! that is really wonderful and new look in a photo. The gradient gives strength to the central zone where is the sun rays. I love it. :tyspin :clap

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:35 pm  (#37) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 30, 2012
Posts: 2174
Just been having a play with some of the info I have been reading about recently on here. I normally go OTT on photos but tried very hard to keep a genuine feel to this one.

Original
Image

Enhanced
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:05 am  (#38) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
I don't remember where Issabella posted her initial picture.
This is a "revisited" version of her "Getting dark in Kyoto".
I used my filter based on Issabella's tutorial related to Manhattan city, with modifications, and addition on source image colours.

Attachment:
GettingDarkinKyoto-revisited.png
GettingDarkinKyoto-revisited.png [ 2.68 MiB | Viewed 4063 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:08 am  (#39) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
@he4rty

excellent your enhancement!!! (and also a good photo to start with)

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: sharing outcomes - cityscapes
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:53 pm  (#40) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
now, a painting look of Roma!

original
Attachment:
2006-0730_Fuji_Image024.jpg
2006-0730_Fuji_Image024.jpg [ 463.29 KiB | Viewed 3865 times ]


as an aquarell
Attachment:
2006-0730_Fuji_Image024_Aquarel.jpg
2006-0730_Fuji_Image024_Aquarel.jpg [ 779.9 KiB | Viewed 3865 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group