It is currently Sun Oct 11, 2026 4:30 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:12 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
No gimpery was involved in these, I just thought I'd post them just because of the colors. I think a major crime these days is that people think they can improve on nature by punching up the saturation to the point of nausea. Nature doesn't need our help, it's magnificent as it is.

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:06 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
The columbine is especially nice....the sunlight really makes the colors pop


Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:19 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
So does a little rain.

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:52 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 12, 2010
Posts: 5870
really beautiful flowers and colours !

_________________
My 3D Gallery on Deviantart http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/
Main gallery http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix-mandala/
Mandala and simmetry http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix_mandala/

Image

Mrs Wilbress


Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:16 am  (#5) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
Those are great photos, gms!

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:34 am  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
I've been thinking about making a palette of flower colors, if I get over this lazy spell and make it I'll submit it here should anyone want it. i've seen various palettes that claim to be flowers and grass and nature stuff but none of them really seem to be accurate to me.

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:57 am  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 18, 2011
Posts: 620
Location: New York
I agree! nothing can top nature! here's some pictures I took with a Blackberry phone:

Image
North Hempstead-20110503-00137 by cecilia fx, on Flickr

Image
North Hempstead-20110503-00135 by cecilia fx, on Flickr

Image
North Hempstead-20110503-00132 by cecilia fx, on Flickr

Image
North Hempstead-20110503-00123 by cecilia fx, on Flickr

Image
North Hempstead-20110503-00122 by cecilia fx, on Flickr

Image
20110502-00116 by cecilia fx, on Flickr

Image
IMG-20110429-00107 by cecilia fx, on Flickr

_________________
Ubuntu 24.04.1, Kernel i686, 6.8.0-52-generic
python3 v3.12.3 ----- GIMP - ver 2.10.38


Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:49 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2011
Posts: 1850
Location: Michigan
Wow those BlackBerry's have a nice camera

Nice Photos Both of you

_________________
Image
I'm back I think


Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:33 pm  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
those are all great...I decided to add from my garden if thats ok....


Attachments:
bird of paradise2.jpg
bird of paradise2.jpg [ 34.05 KiB | Viewed 3220 times ]
bird of paradise1.jpg
bird of paradise1.jpg [ 48.34 KiB | Viewed 3220 times ]
anthurium.jpg
anthurium.jpg [ 27.7 KiB | Viewed 3220 times ]
Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:33 pm  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2011
Posts: 1850
Location: Michigan
Akky what is that second flower! That is really cool looking

_________________
Image
I'm back I think


Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:35 pm  (#11) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
some more


Attachments:
File comment: desert rose
desertrose.jpg
desertrose.jpg [ 47.86 KiB | Viewed 4204 times ]
File comment: bottle brush
bottlebrush.jpg
bottlebrush.jpg [ 67.92 KiB | Viewed 4204 times ]
File comment: blood lily
blood lily.jpg
blood lily.jpg [ 78.02 KiB | Viewed 4204 times ]
Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:37 pm  (#12) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
We have Australian natives as well


Attachments:
File comment: double petunia
petunia.jpg
petunia.jpg [ 41.82 KiB | Viewed 4206 times ]
File comment: lilypily
lilypily.jpg
lilypily.jpg [ 74.39 KiB | Viewed 4206 times ]
File comment: frangipani
frangipani.jpg
frangipani.jpg [ 48.06 KiB | Viewed 4206 times ]
Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:38 pm  (#13) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
These large frogs are regular visitors as well...sometimes the are huge!


Attachments:
File comment: Green Tree Frog
IMG_0878.jpg
IMG_0878.jpg [ 39.76 KiB | Viewed 4206 times ]


Last edited by akky on Wed May 11, 2011 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:40 pm  (#14) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
Willy wrote:
Akky what is that second flower! That is really cool looking

The first two are variations of Bird of Paradise...The yellow one is a dwarf variety.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:45 pm  (#15) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
these are some grevilleas


Attachments:
IMG_0564.jpg
IMG_0564.jpg [ 64.48 KiB | Viewed 4206 times ]
IMG_0561.jpg
IMG_0561.jpg [ 88.3 KiB | Viewed 4206 times ]
IMG_0556.jpg
IMG_0556.jpg [ 76.04 KiB | Viewed 4206 times ]
Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:48 pm  (#16) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
just two more I'll stop now!! the grevilleas and the bottle brush are favorites with native birds...full of nectar...so our yard is always busy with them as we try to supply as much natural food for them in our small domain...the white flower in thsi last lot is a cactus flower. My boy likes to grow succulents as a diversion...he is 16yo grandson living with me.


Attachments:
cactus.jpg
cactus.jpg [ 28.29 KiB | Viewed 4206 times ]
IMG_0578.jpg
IMG_0578.jpg [ 133.88 KiB | Viewed 4206 times ]
Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:50 pm  (#17) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
I like to take loads of photos of the garden as I sometimes use them as misted tubes and backgrounds for what I do with GIMP.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:10 pm  (#18) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2011
Posts: 1850
Location: Michigan
Wow missed the Attachment Description my bad

I love your Bird of Paradise, and the Blood Lily, and the Desert Rose just has amazing Colors

Those Double Petunias are cool looking

_________________
Image
I'm back I think


Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:14 pm  (#19) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
The blood lillies are magnificent, all of them are but I particularly like those.

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Just for the colors
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:40 pm  (#20) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
blood lilys grow like a weed really and they are stunning....
the petunias look like a rose almost.
Bird of Paradise is much sought after by florists but we dont sell ours...
The yellow one is very unusual because the colour more common is orange.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group