It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:30 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Can not import image from WWW (Gimp Error)
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:17 am  (#1) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: May 29, 2018
Posts: 3
Hi, I have the newest version of Gimp 2.10.2 on Win 7 and I can't import any image from the internet. Each time i try to do this I have this message
"volume doesn't implement mount"
Help


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Can not import image from WWW (Gimp Error)
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:01 am  (#2) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
How do you "import"? Are you using "File>Open location..."?

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can not import image from WWW (Gimp Error)
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:21 am  (#3) 
Online
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 04, 2015
Posts: 1480
welcome to gimpchat mmb. I download images and then open them in Gimp. It's 'old school' but you have the original if you need to go back to it.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can not import image from WWW (Gimp Error)
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:35 am  (#4) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: May 29, 2018
Posts: 3
Hi and thanks for reply, I know this 'old school' method so why there is an option File>Open location if it's not working ?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can not import image from WWW (Gimp Error)
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:37 am  (#5) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: May 29, 2018
Posts: 3
ofnuts wrote:
How do you "import"? Are you using "File>Open location..."?

Yes I was using this method on Gimp 2.8 but now it is not working :bluesad


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can not import image from WWW (Gimp Error)
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:02 am  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 04, 2011
Posts: 2618
mmb wrote:
ofnuts wrote:
How do you "import"? Are you using "File>Open location..."?

Yes I was using this method on Gimp 2.8 but now it is not working :bluesad


It depends how Gimp is compiled.

Open location has/has not worked for me at various times/versions of Gimp since it was introduced.

At the moment for me with Kubuntu 16.04, both Gimp 2.8.22 and Gimp 2.10.2 (flatpak) open location does not work.

but

My PClinuxOS desktop, Gimp 2.10.2 it does work. If using Windows you could try-and-see with one of the alternatives, partha or samj


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can not import image from WWW (Gimp Error)
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:29 am  (#7) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
rich2005 wrote:
At the moment for me with Kubuntu 16.04, both Gimp 2.8.22 and Gimp 2.10.2 (flatpak) open location does not work.


Also on Kubuntu 16.04. Works on the flatpak 2.10.2, doesn't work on the 2.8.22 from the Gimp PPA....

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can not import image from WWW (Gimp Error)
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:23 am  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 04, 2011
Posts: 2618
Just goes to show, what must be two similar installations can come up with different results.

Image

PClinuxOS machine is steaming away on a project, might be finished by midnight, so no screenshot from that, but it does work ;)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can not import image from WWW (Gimp Error)
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:35 pm  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
I just right-click on an image and choose "Copy Image", then I simply paste it into Gimp. Works every time in every version.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can not import image from WWW (Gimp Error)
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:57 pm  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Racer, I can use your method with 2.8.22. With 2.10 Samj, it lets me do it once, after that, no matter how many times I select copy image, I always get the same first image when I paste.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Can not import image from WWW (Gimp Error)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:03 am  (#11) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2010
Posts: 1171
Location: Here and there
Pat625 wrote:
Racer, I can use your method with 2.8.22. With 2.10 Samj, it lets me do it once, after that, no matter how many times I select copy image, I always get the same first image when I paste.


That's a known bug: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/1359


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group