Thanks for all the great suggestions!!
I've decided to build the site utilizing Wordpress, which has evolved to the point to where I'm able to realize my vision for
Gimp Scripts.
My goal was to put together a site were GIMP users are able to upload their favorite GIMP scripts with a simple and easy to use form. Downloads are organized and easy to find, with a searchable, SEO'd website.
The uploaded script will be added to the script’s database, with a unique post to the script’s section of the website. That page will contain script details, such as the script author(s) name, license type, website/support link, along with a brief description of the operation of the script.
If you are an author, maintainer or supporter of the script, you’ll be able to answer questions and give script support right from the uploaded script’s individual support page or you can leave a link back to another support website.
At present, all submissions will be held in a moderation queue for a brief time period before being posted live. This allows a chance to review the script to ensure it has the proper license for distribution by Gimp Scripts. In the future, trusted users will be able to submit a script from the front end and have it automatically added to the database and a support blog page created, without moderation or any other work on the backend. I haven't gotten to that point yet, as it will take quite a bit more coding, but at least I have a game plan.

The site is up now and I'd like to get some feedback on the look, feel and functionality. Please take a look and let me know what you think. I'm open to all suggestions for improvement. And please let me know if you find any bugs.
http://gimpscripts.comThanks!!