It is currently Sun Oct 11, 2026 3:39 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:54 am  (#41) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 08, 2011
Posts: 155
I like that last one, looks like glass.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:59 am  (#42) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
LOL ... looking good Lyle! :)
Congrats on your purchases.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:16 am  (#43) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Thanks Amanda; many years of know how (no joke) on how to convert things to glass. lol

Yeah; had less then 5 hours sleep last night because of you Rod. lol

Still, this cool program was on my wish list for quite some time now, so not one thing less on my list. Again, I bet some really cool things can be done if you had a pad. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:53 am  (#44) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
OK; since both of you gave me some kind feedback, an early Christmas gift to you both. :)

Attachment:
Amanda.png
Amanda.png [ 467.5 KiB | Viewed 1656 times ]


Attachments:
Rod.png
Rod.png [ 311.54 KiB | Viewed 1656 times ]

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:24 pm  (#45) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
I love the blown glass look of those!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:12 pm  (#46) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Thanks 2-ton. :)


Attachments:
2-ton.png
2-ton.png [ 232.22 KiB | Viewed 1645 times ]

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:03 pm  (#47) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
and how did you figure out how to write with this?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:23 pm  (#48) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
I created a a slower broad sweep brush to accommidate my mouse since I don't have a pad. Believe it or nor, Flame Painter saves the brush as a simple PNG file; have no idea how it embeds the data for it's own use, but it does. Below's the brush. For Flame Painter users, just put it in your brushes folder. :)


Attachments:
Broad_Sweep.png
Broad_Sweep.png [ 48.71 KiB | Viewed 1635 times ]

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:38 pm  (#49) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 12, 2010
Posts: 5870
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap Beautiful glasses L !

_________________
My 3D Gallery on Deviantart http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/
Main gallery http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix-mandala/
Mandala and simmetry http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix_mandala/

Image

Mrs Wilbress


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:48 pm  (#50) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Thanks PC (just don't ask me to spell out PhotoComix; lol). :)


Attachments:
PC.png
PC.png [ 581.57 KiB | Viewed 1630 times ]

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:53 pm  (#51) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Posts: 395
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Lyle ... I mean Mr. Krolsky! This is a good one!!! :bigthup

Did you know you can upload your brush on the Flame Painter site so others can use it too?!

Flame Painter Brushes - Share your favorite brushes

I put one up there, it's called Fiberglass. Looks like this:

Image

I gave yours a whirl too .. didn't put it through any post processing tho'
Image
I change the color of the Fiberglass brush from red to a dark purple for the background!
Good stuff! Thanks Lyle!! :paint

_________________
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:33 pm  (#52) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Yeah; saw that but wasn't sure if a brush was already there that was similar. I guess I could share it there and they can decide if it's worthy or not. Thanks for the comments MrBiggz

edit:

Looks like there site is having technical difficulties; I can get to the part to upload, but I get an error after trying. Oh well. :)


Attachments:
MrBiggz.png
MrBiggz.png [ 880.65 KiB | Viewed 1728 times ]

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:53 pm  (#53) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
By the way, I like darken better then light; might actually change the brush because of that. Again, thanks MrBiggz. :)

edit:

OK; attaching the new brush. :)


Attachments:
Broad_Sweep.png
Broad_Sweep.png [ 32.13 KiB | Viewed 1716 times ]

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:20 pm  (#54) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Posts: 395
Location: Indianapolis, IN
I made this really simple ribbon and it has an alpha background. If you throw that in Gimp with a black background layer you'll see it really well.

Attachment:
test1.png
test1.png [ 152.93 KiB | Viewed 1712 times ]


How would I go about applying a pattern to the existing? I tried Gimpressionist and I was at it for 20-30 minutes or so and my results were futile.

Something that looks like this not exactly the same though. I just thought it was an interesting technique.

Attachment:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 30.08 KiB | Viewed 1712 times ]


Most of you guys and gals are geniuses at this! :paint

Thanks for the help!

_________________
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:16 pm  (#55) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Try Double Difference lighten and Darken layers since you have an object w/ transparant background. Note, you need to merge all layers before applying another background. See attached zip file for what I'm talking about. :)


Attachments:
test1.zip [1.37 MiB]
Downloaded 95 times

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:28 pm  (#56) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Posts: 395
Location: Indianapolis, IN
That's nice Lyle! Now, I'm going to be a complete noob and ask, how'd you figure that combination out? Cause I'm not knowing! :shock:

_________________
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:32 pm  (#57) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Years and years of experience (literally). Have used this trick on more then one occasion, but it only works on the special case of an extracted object with transparancies. Hope you like the trick. I've never shared this one before. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:44 pm  (#58) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2011
Posts: 395
Location: Indianapolis, IN
That is pretty sweet! I just hope I can remember it! :) Lettuce me try something now!!

Here's my try! :)

Image

_________________
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:32 am  (#59) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
It's like seeing Sculpture Gen crossed with Fluid Painter. :)
Very cool.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Flame Painter
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:07 am  (#60) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 08, 2011
Posts: 285
I look all around and i can't find anywhere.....is this softwer need to install on computer?

_________________
Image

My Flickr
http://anaplus.deviantart.com/


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group