It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 2:57 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hey Tux
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:58 am  (#1) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
Glad to see the sites okay! :hehe
You were out there for awhile. were you setting up Coppermine?


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Hey Tux
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:02 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
Rod, I don't manage the server. That's handled on the host side.

When the server went down, I submitted a trouble ticket but after four hours, I still hadn't had a response, which is very unusual. Maybe they were short handed on a Saturday night before Christmas. Looks like they finally got around to my ticket in the wee hours of the morning and decided to restart mySQL, which is a 1 minute job.

They blamed Gimp Chat for the problem, asking me to "check my scripts to ensure mySQL was being closed properly", like it's my job to debug phpBB3. :roll: Evidently, there were a bunch of locked SQL queries resulting in too many connections to the server. Who knows what really caused that?

Actually, there is a new maintenance release of phpBB3 which I need to get installed soon. It's supposed to include a few bug fixes and some security updates in the release. Much of the update will need to be entered by hand because this site has been modified and customized from standard phpBB3, so that may be a bit of a hassle.

I'm not sure when I'll get to the update but I'll try to give everyone a heads up before I begin. It will take several hours, assuming everything goes well. Nothing should change cosmetically but there should be some improvements under the hood.

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hey Tux
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:54 am  (#3) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
Yeah i just did that update from 3.07 to 3.08. =)
Glad to see were back though...i was a little worried to say the least.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group