It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:14 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: SVG batch clean-up
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:08 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
I found SVG Cleaner at Libre Graphics World. It's in early development, I tried the Windows version without issues so far.
Check the percentage files size saving,
Image

[EDIT]
I wouldn't using SVG Cleaner on files your still editing. I have done limited testing without issue but wouldn't recommend using it unless optimal file size is required for final output.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: SVG batch clean-up
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:19 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Posts: 2089
Location: US
I wouldn't do that on svg files i might need to edit in future.
After cleaning I've encountered some problems with svg files both in Inkscape and AI.
But I do a clean-up of back-up copies.


Top
 Post subject: Re: SVG batch clean-up
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:07 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
K1TesseraEna wrote:
I wouldn't do that on svg files i might need to edit in future.
After cleaning I've encountered some problems with svg files both in Inkscape and AI.
But I do a clean-up of back-up copies.
SVG Cleaner is geared towards web development where bytes are important. The average use doesn't need it.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: SVG batch clean-up
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:16 pm  (#4) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
I hadn't realized this was out on windows already.
Thanks Odin. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: SVG batch clean-up
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:28 pm  (#5) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
No drag and drop?
Doesn't seem to recognize my SVG or EPS files in any folder i hand it.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group