It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:11 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Avatars
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:44 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
I'm confused about avatars.The max size can be 150 x 150 yet I see some here that are 140x395

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Avatars
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:15 am  (#2) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
The max size is 150 x 150px. Where do you see one that size?

I tried putting in one the size below and this is the message I got:

Quote:
The submitted avatar is 140 pixels wide and 395 pixels high. Avatars must be at least 20 pixels wide and 20 pixels high, but no larger than 150 pixels wide and 150 pixels high.

Image

Max signature size is 500w x 150h. Is that what you are talking about?

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: Avatars
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:44 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
Maybe what i thought was an avatar wasn't. It's the one Photocomix uses, the mrs Wilbress thing. Can a signature contain a graphic file?

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Avatars
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:06 am  (#4) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
Yes. If you look at my signature, you will see the green fuzzy O with a hat on it. Also the image link of Wilber to the GIMP downloads. There is also text in my signature.

There is a short, black line that separates the signature from the main body of a post.

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: Avatars
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:48 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2010
Posts: 2253
Location: Retired Moderator Slowly Returning to the Living.
Signature files can be larger and even animated.

_________________
Artists aren't crazy! We're eccentric! ~G.M. Ross

Image

My Sigs = My Photos
Check out my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomastergreg.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Avatars
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:41 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
Ok, that makes sense. I tried to add a graphic to my sig in another forum and it wouldn't let me. I also couldn't do it in my own forum. That's what happens when I assume. I'll get my sig in place tonight since the file is on my laptop. Thanks, all.

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Avatars
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:24 am  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
I believe the max size for a image in a sig is set to 500x150 px. Anything over that and it gets resized.

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: Avatars
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:56 am  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
The one I was thinking about was 390 x 140 but I'm not sure I'll do it. Most people wouldn't understand it.

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group