It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 5:40 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: LORD of the RINGS text tute
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:33 pm  (#41) 
Wallace wrote:
Wallace wrote:
Esper wrote:
[ Image ]

I did 2 of your tutorials Esper, I enjoyed them very much.
Image
Image
What do you think?


fluffybunny wrote:
I know your question was directed at Esper Wallace, but I hope you don't mind me wading in...
I think the Viking one might also look good on a dark timber.
Would you be interested in humouring me and posting it using the attached pattern or any other dark timber you may have?

Yeah... sure thing FB, I'd like to try that out. Give me a moment and I'll whip that up.

Here it is. I hope that this is the pattern, it was the only pattern with the name 'Woodblack". What do you think. I think the grain is very tight, like oak or some other really hard wood. I hand drew the pattern I used for my Viking text image.
[ Image ]

Looks great. Nothing wrong with your wood pattern either :bigthup for creating it yourself.
To me the coloring on the letters was just a bit too similar to the wood background.
Good job.


Top
 Post subject: Re: LORD of the RINGS text tute
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:42 pm  (#42) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
fluffybunny wrote:
Nothing wrong with your wood pattern either :bigthup for creating it yourself.
To me the coloring on the letters was just a bit too similar to the wood background.
Good job.

Not a problem FB...
I see what you're saying and yes I agree. Even so... Esper's tutorials are top shelf in my book. What we do with them and how other see our work is important.
Thanks for the suggestions. I wish more people would do the same. ;)

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Lord of the Rings text tute
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:19 pm  (#43) 
Wallace wrote:
... What do you think. I think the grain is very tight, like oak or some other really hard wood.
[ Image ]

Don't forget you can always scale up the pattern before use (right click the pattern) to make it look not so tight.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group