Wallace wrote:
MarFisk wrote:
Thank you for this. I love learning new techniques in Gimp.
One comment. I didn't see anyone else having this trouble so it may have to do with my settings, but step 7.Select > None ended up with the bottom sphere and a top white because it mapped my whole image. By using the path to reset the selection (thank you for that) and ignoring step 7, it came out exactly as you'd shown.
Cheers,
Margaret
I think you may have left out select "Transparent Background" in the "Map to Object" dialog.
Thanks for the reply. It did the transparent background, but didn't convert the white to it. I played with it a bit and got it to work because using the selection gave me half a bowl once it rotated

.
A vague memory tells me I may have forgotten the white in the first round and so used the bucket to fill it to white because I didn't understand the purpose. In which case, the "Transparent Background" might not have recognized the white as background. Honestly, there are so many ways to trip myself up

.
A question though... Why not start with a transparent background?
And because I loved how it turned out, I made my mother a unique birthday card with the bowl. Thanks for making her day

.