It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 9:17 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:02 am  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 15, 2012
Posts: 949
Location: Mesa, AZ
Wallace wrote:
Thanks EK and Molly.
I had fun making it, but all those layer.[ Image ]


Don't lie. You LOVED those layers. Every single one of them. :rofl

_________________
Image

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:39 am  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 590
My outcome.
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:02 pm  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 15, 2012
Posts: 949
Location: Mesa, AZ
Oh I like that bokeh you added Carlos. And the green with the gold letters looks very classy. Good color choices.

_________________
Image

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:58 am  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 590
Thanks, ek22.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:16 am  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Very nice job Carlos.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:07 am  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Wallace and Carlos, beautiful yours inputs. :clap :coolthup
I'm lost in the layers... at last I throw them away and then I start a new one .... :(

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:56 pm  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 15, 2012
Posts: 949
Location: Mesa, AZ
You should not be getting lost in the layers as you end up merging them back together in the end. Before you throw away what you've done, send me a copy and maybe I can help?

_________________
Image

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:14 am  (#28) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you so much for your offer ek22. I've just found that I made an important mistake in one step of the tutorial. I hope to be now in the right direction. :tyspin I'll let you know. :)

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:57 am  (#29) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
I got it ek22! Thank you so much as I've learnt so much making your tutorial. :hi5 :tyspin


Attachments:
Cut-text.jpg
Cut-text.jpg [ 273.5 KiB | Viewed 2638 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Last edited by Issabella on Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:32 am  (#30) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 590
Thanks, Issabela and Molly. Very nice nice work Issabella.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:26 am  (#31) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Carlos, thank you for your nice words. I'm happy to have finished the tutorial and have learnt new things in Gimp. :hi5
Thank you ek22 again. :tyspin

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:28 am  (#32) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Excellent job Isabella, I love the spin you put on it

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:04 am  (#33) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you so much Molly. :)

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:38 pm  (#34) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 15, 2012
Posts: 949
Location: Mesa, AZ
Awesome Issabella, I knew you could do it. I love those color bubbles too.

_________________
Image

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:08 pm  (#35) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you so much EK22, you did a very interesting tutorial and I've learnt so much with it. :clap :tyspin

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:53 am  (#36) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
Beautiful works :bigthup

I tried but can't get the Luce right :puzzled Practice a bit more, I think :keybdtype

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:55 am  (#37) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 15, 2012
Posts: 949
Location: Mesa, AZ
Ella Louise wrote:
Beautiful works :bigthup

I tried but can't get the Luce right :puzzled Practice a bit more, I think :keybdtype


Where the light beams end up depends wholly on where you aim them from. That's what the coordinates are for, to tell the filter where to start the beams. so if you offset them just a tiny bit north and south of the white line, the light beams will go down or up respectively.

_________________
Image

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:34 am  (#38) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
Thanks for the advice EK22.
I can see the coordinates. But when I Luced all the paintbrushes, the whole becomes too bright.
Probably I'm doing something wrong. I will practice on it.

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:04 am  (#39) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 15, 2012
Posts: 949
Location: Mesa, AZ
If you're doing all the white lines on one layer, yeah, the effect will eventually wash out and become unrecognizable. That's why I separate all the white lines onto individual layers before applying Luce individually.

_________________
Image

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Disconnect - Luce Text Effect (PDF)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:58 am  (#40) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
Image

Not quite what it should be. But now I know what I did wrong.

Thanks EK22 !

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group