It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:57 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:14 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
I've been playing with the free 3D fractal software Mandelbulb 3D again now that I have some time and energy. The first image was finished in Gimp but the others are pure Mandelbulb 3D.

Image

Image

Image

Image


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:17 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Wow, very nice Eris. A little touch of PC in there too. They are beautiful.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:20 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
molly wrote:
Wow, very nice Eris. A little touch of PC in there too. They are beautiful.

Thank you molly. I miss PC - he was a lot of fun.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:44 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Yes, a very nice guy and very smart.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:19 am  (#5) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8477
Location: On the other side of your screen
Very nice Eris

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:31 am  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Posts: 2089
Location: US
Fantastic (in all senses) work, Erisian!
Kinda fell in love with the second and the last one.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:21 pm  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 15, 2012
Posts: 949
Location: Mesa, AZ
They're all great, but the 2nd and 3rd are my favorites. I loves the blue bubbles in the 2nd and the third looks like a fortune teller crystal sitting on a persian rug stack. So 3rd one is my winner. :)

_________________
Image

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:36 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Last one with the yellows is my fave.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:23 pm  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
Nice Nice!! :D

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:14 pm  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
You do great work in Mandelbulb! They are all beautiful.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:18 am  (#11) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Thank you everybody. I think the orb on the rug is my favourite and I did a version of it with a photo of AnMal and myself as the background. The photo doesn't show in the background because of all the fractal stuff in front of it but it reflects in the orb. I still have the parameters and can produce different sizes and I'm thinking of creating free wallpaper in all desktop sizes. If anybody knows all the sizes I would be grateful for the info.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:10 pm  (#12) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
http://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_st ... paper_size

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:36 am  (#13) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Thanks Moko, that's useful info. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:57 am  (#14) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Fractals are lots of fun and yours look great Erisian.

I wonder when we might hear from PC?

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:40 am  (#15) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
He is probably deep in the depths of Africa exploring... :teeth

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:12 am  (#16) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Wallace wrote:
Fractals are lots of fun and yours look great Erisian.

I wonder when we might hear from PC?

Thanks Wallace. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:27 am  (#17) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8477
Location: On the other side of your screen
I like the bubbles in your fractals.
By the way how long have you had your avatar? Cool too

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:47 am  (#18) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
sallyanne wrote:
I like the bubbles in your fractals.
By the way how long have you had your avatar? Cool too

Thank you. I only put this avatar up recently. A few days ago I believe. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:28 am  (#19) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Hope you didn't gain that much weight with all the Swedish cooking Aris.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Some Mandelbulb 3D artwork
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:40 am  (#20) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
molly wrote:
Hope you didn't gain that much weight with all the Swedish cooking Aris.

I do look a little pregnant these days and it's going to get worse when I live in Sweden, with a diet of prinskorv and Princesstårta :hehe


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group